Bog Mine, Flintshire

N

Noodles

Some time ago on this forum, someone posted directions and access details to Bog Mine at Eryrys.
As a result the lock was cut off.
Whilst locking may be un-necessary, in this case the entrance lies on livestock land where the owner has requested that all access is agreed prior to visiting.
For anyone wishing for a trip, simply contact Grosvenor Caving Club for the key. As long as the owner is aware of an impending trip, there are no other restrictions.
Just seems a shame to risk access for everyone when all one has to do is ask.

Noodles

graham

I'll never understand why so many explorers, especially it seems mine explorers, don't think a landowner has any right to control access over his own property.

Cavegod

Noodles said:
Grosvenor Caving Club for the key. As long as the owner is aware of an impending trip, there are no other restrictions.

that is if there was a way to get in touch??

N

Noodles

Ask & ye shall receive..........

GCC Sec:  Nick Carter  01352-712657
GCC Milwr Tunnel Access Man:  Steve Brown, 8 Ffordd Mailyn, Wrexham LL13 7JB

Looks like their website's been down for a while; anyone know why?

Noodles

Ian Adams

I believe it was me that gave the location of bog mine in answer to a question asking where it was.

The access key was, however, not with the Grosvenor club but was with UCET (www.ucet.org.uk). The person who asked about the location did subsequently ask for the key and I assume visited the mine.

It is a shame that someone has gone to the mine and hacked off the lock - there really wasn't any need for that  :(

Ian

stma

It was me who was asking about directions, keys etc and the information was gratefully received. Haven't actually managed a visit yet.
I can't understand the need for anyone to hack the lock off when the information and access to the key is so readily available.
It doesn't do anyone any favours... :chair: