Corkys/Henslers

T

tubby two

Heading dales this w/e :LOL:
Does anyone know if henslers pot (gg) is still riggeed? And if it isnt, what ropes are needed :?:
Also, anybody know if corkys isnt rigged, im told it still is (rigged) but just wondered if an update would tell me otherwise :!:

ta,

tt.

cave junky

Henslers isn't rigged dunno what ropes are needed but you will need to contact Dave Ryall look on the BPC web site for details at www.bpc-cave.org.uk. If you are around on Saturday there will be Members of the Bradford Digging on Ingleborough so we will be able to give you any info about Corky's, it is rigged mostly ladders but only small pitches, last pitch 120ft SRT into Mud Hall.

T

tubby two

Erm, its not really tight- but it isnt big either, more awkward, but not that awkward. Have you ever done bruntscar cave, it was a lot like the end of that, only way better as it had pitches and actually went somewhere! It's not a streamway, so all the rock was quite sharp, but i'm right struggling to think of what else it was like. Maybe the start of king pot, though its a while since i went there and most of what i remember is a killer hangover, or the crawl between old ing and dismal hill. Must be a better example than those though?

tt.

cave junky

Sorry I am no help CN, not done enough caves other than those I've dug to compare it too.
Not related to the Brook Brothers my dad is the other Dave Brook born same hospital same year.
Alyson

Thanks for your opinions. I am going to be over for a couple of weeks in the summer visiting my family and want to do a few trips that I haven't done before. Corkys, Henslers, Aquamole, and Notts 2 are on the current list. I really want a very fried breakfast in the Fountain Cafe, but those days are long gone.

CN.

Ye, I only had the pleasure of that place once before it closed!

There was nothing like dragging your arse out of Mrs. Moffet's caravans and heading up to the Fountain on a Sunday morning. Visiting the outdoor toilet in the dead of winter to take care of business was also a pre-caving trip adventure.

CN.

SimonC

Visiting the outdoor toilet in the dead of winter to take care of business was also a pre-caving trip adventure

Was this before or after eating the sausages that were black on the outside but still raw in the middle? :huh:

Simon said:
Visiting the outdoor toilet in the dead of winter to take care of business was also a pre-caving trip adventure

Was this before or after eating the sausages that were black on the outside but still raw in the middle? :huh:

Si. Do you really want me to answer that?? Do you remember the day when there was dog poop in the middle of the floor?? CN.

SimonC

Oh yes, making a mess of that lovely patchwork carpet!
More flies than usual buzzing around I seem to remember!