Items of diving gear

Pitlamp

Someone passed a quantity of gear to me recently, to find good homes for in return for donations, destined for three caving good causes (the proportions going to each being at my discretion). If interested in any of the following, please PM me in the first instance, including your email address; I can then send you a photograph and better description of anything you're interested in. I can also elaborate on what these three good causes are, if you'd like to know.

With the higher value items you may want to view first - this would probably need to be in the Dales. Or we may be able to arrange "caver post" thanks to the goodwill of fellow members of the caving community.

Poseidon Jetstream demand valve with pressure gauge and direct feed hose

3 x universal NiCad / NiMH chargers

4 x Technisub Lumen 6 torches

1 x SabreLite torch (3 x C cell version)

1 x techie-style ?Manta? reel with sprung spool catch (holds 60 m [?] 3 mm nylon string)

Poseidon A clamp (pillar valve) to DIN adaptor (reg) ? old style ? lightweight.

Stainless steel backplate and harness

Pitlamp

The reel has now been claimed. I'm surprised no-one's yet asked for that Poseidon Jetstream, which is in good condition.  :confused:

PeteHall

What's the Jetstream like to use? They seem quite prevalent on ebay, but I've always been a bit concerned by how they would cope with silt and more specifically how one might get the silt back out while underground the wrong side of a sump...

Pitlamp

Hello Pete,

The Jetstream isn't a workhorse regulator for gnarly British cave diving; they're really designed for deep diving, at which they excel. In shallow, gritty terrain, they can be finnicky.

Think St Sauveur, rather than Swildons 12. The Cyclon 300 is the model many UK cave divers favour. The Jetstream is a very different animal.

Hope that helps.

Pitlamp

Most of this gear has now gone - and thank you to those who made generous donations.

The stainless steel backplate and harness is still available, together with sundry torches and chargers. As before, PM me if interested. Collect from the Dales or we can probably arrange caver post.