Flickr: Free plans limited to 1000 photos

aricooperdavis

I've just had an email from Flickr telling me that, as a free member, I will be limited to storing <= 1000 photos on the site - the others will be deleted if I don't download them. I use(d) Flickr to host caving photos that I link to online, so that's a shame! I thought this may be a useful heads up for any other Flickr users!

The Old Ruminator

Oh dear I have over 3,000 caving images on Flickr but have heard nothing as yet. What will the costs be ? I must admit that free sites are always a problem just look at what happened to Photobucket.  Actually I think "my " account is somehow linked to The Mendip Cave Registry so who pays any charges I really do not know. More confusion I guess. Changes at Flickr were always on the cards as they were taken over recently.

Sid

MCRA pay for the pro service on Flickr and we find this a very cost effective way to make the thousands of images we have available to all.

We always welcome contributions so if your free Flickr account is affected and you have caving related material you still wish to share then get in touch.

Thanks
Paul

p.stillman  (@)  mcra.org    .uk

Cave_Troll

see
https://www.flickr.com/lookingahead

"Flickr Pro is better than ever. For only $49.99 per year, get unlimited storage, ad-free browsing, advanced stats, an unmatched community, and more"
"Unlimited storage, ad-free browsing, and a global community of over 100 million photographers for less than half the cost of Apple, Amazon, or Google. Sign up today and get 30% off the first year. Discount available through November 30."

Cave_Troll

also "New simple login! Coming in January, there will be no need for a Yahoo account to use Flickr."

so it may be being spun off from Yahoo!