Cavefest '19 Event Summary

turbo@cavefest

After CavefestUK's 2019 event held in Crickhowell, its time to reflect on the weekend we shared with all who attended the event!
Everyone had a fantastic time (including the staff ;) ), with thanks to the great variety of underground trips organised;  the on site catering, night time entertainment and the Mexican themed fancy dress Party are just a few highlights! Everyones  enjoyment was clearly reflected in the comments we recieved from our patrons.
People traveled from across the UK and beyond!
We had visitors from Derbyshire , Yorkshire, Cornwall and from both the South East and South West were present, even one family from Spain had made a very special effort to come. We thank you all for making possible this dream that is CavefestUK, bringing together people with the same common ground, with a passion for underground exploration!

CavefestUK have endeavoured to build a caving festival that brings cavers together to enjoy not only the caves, but each others company too. The social and alternative activities were designed to accompany our main interest of caving and provide added fun to the weekend. The smiles we all witnessed were a testament to our decision!!
We would like to thanks the Cavefest Sponsors , Warmbac, UkCaving and Petzl for their support !
Also many thanks to Farrworld for their presence as the Resident outlet and to Carbis Bay Crew for their stunning photographic and videographic displays, including them bringing along numerous artifacts from their collection!
A special mention goes to the event landlords, Crickhowell RFC.
And of course again, many thanks to all that attended; without you Cavefest would have not been possible!
Planning for Cavefest 2020 has already begun!.. so please stay tuned as updates will be available through the UKCaving forum and our website.
Please also follow us on https://www.facebook.com/cavefestuk/

Many thanks and see you next year!
CavefestUK Team.

maxb727

Well done! Can you let us know when you?ll be able to tell us how much you?ve made for good causes and what good causes have benefitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Max.
We are due to publish a financial report that will detal our complete income and expenditure later this month. However, i can confirm that up to now the following organisations have/will recieve donations from CavefestUK.
Crickhowell village memorial hall. ?30
Blaina Scouts ?100
South Wales Cave rescue ?100

maxb727

Hi Cave Fest,

Have you got your detailed report showing the donations made to good causes yet?

With the recent raffle for GPF and fundraising for the Irish cavers recently it would be great to see who benefited from your event and how this could grow in the future with more people attending.

I really love cavers helping others.

maxb727 said:
Hi Cave Fest,

Have you got your detailed report showing the donations made to good causes yet?

With the recent raffle for GPF and fundraising for the Irish cavers recently it would be great to see who benefited from your event and how this could grow in the future with more people attending.

I really love cavers helping others.

Hi maxb.
We have put our figures together and will be publishing a report very soon. I can only apologise for the seeming delay in its publication, but rest assured, its on its way.

CavefestUK donated a large percentage of profits to local organisations or charities this year and will continue to do so in the future.

Our growth will surely benefit the caving community and the charities involved therein. We have pledged to support local community groups wherever our events are being held and tailor our donations to that area.
We are working towards becoming an official charitable organisation and are currently following guidelines to accomplish that goal. CavefestUK take pride in simply being cavers who want to share the beauty of caving with their community in a way that benefits all.

Its great to learn that you share the cavers doing it for cavers ethos that we follow.

All the best.
Neil