First, and ONLY, underground zipline!!!

paul

I don't know bout First, but it isn't the only underground Zipline. For example, try Googling "cwmorthin zipline"...

dudley bug

4398974267_1f9f656e5a.jpg

droid

I suspect Amy meant it was a first for her.

If she meant it was a first and only zip line per se then she's clearly wrong.... ;)

paul

dunc said:
Or maybe first and only in USA, or first and only commercial one...

From the article quoted above
The world?s first and only underground zip-line has just opened in Louisville...

It doesn't really matter in the greater scheme of things!

Brains

There are commercial underground ones in NZ, but of course they dont count as they are in the wrong hemisphere  ;)
Certainly the one on the CRTT is really good fun if you have a steel pulley...

Brains

Les W said:
Brains said:

It's quite interesting with an aluminium one as well...  :eek:
Hehe tried that first time round - showered in aluminium shards and left with an "object d'art" for the mantelpiece!

darwen dave

I've heard a rumour from a reliable source that the CRTT may be getting de-rigged due to land owner fears of being sued in case of an accident.

I'm taking this quite seriously as some Welsh mines have already been de-rigged for the same reason.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?
BTW the punctured inflatable has now been replaced with a sturdy raft  :)

Les W

Brains said:
Les W said:
Brains said:

It's quite interesting with an aluminium one as well...  :eek:
Hehe tried that first time round - showered in aluminium shards and left with an "object d'art" for the mantelpiece!
'tis quite "interesting" for sure...  :-\

RobinGriffiths

I've heard a rumour from a reliable source that the CRTT may be getting de-rigged due to land owner fears of being sued in case of an accident.

Wouldn't be surprised given the high profile given to the place combined with real potential of serious injury or worse that may occur one day.

cap n chris

I'm stumped to see why the landowner would be the frame for something resulting from a third party intervention/persons unknown installation. Can any legal bod confirm whether I'm just ignorant and that a landowner is indeed in the firing line if someone installs a rope swing on a tree in their woods, or equivalent.

graham

Chris

I don't know but perhaps it has something to do with it being a mine rather than a cave?  :confused:

Les W

As far as I know, a landowners responsibility with a mine extends only as far as ensuring nobody enters accidentally.

Rhys

If the landowner knows about the people going in and about what goes on down there but does nothing about it they could well be in the firing line.