Self-publishing

Andy Sparrow

OK - this is a bit of self promotion but it does have some relevance to the caving world. I have just self published a book though Lulu - Lulu is a world leader in print-on-demand books. Basically this means they are using new printing technology allowing them to do small or even single print runs on paperback books. I ordered a proof copy of my book for just over £5 plus shipping - and that was it - there were no other charges for a one-off 200 page perfect bound book with a full colour cover. It strikes me that this provides fantastic opportunities for special interest books that would be otherwise uneconomical - like, for example, caving guide books. If you want to assess the print quality you could always buy a copy of... http://www.lulu.com/content/205067 :wink:

Peter Burgess

Andy

This is excellent stuff. This is right up the street of any small club who wants to print a book run of say 50 or 100, and to sell at a sensible price. How much research work goes unrecorded and unpublished because the sales market is limited, so the information stays 'locked' within a small club's journal or their own records. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Peter

graham

On a world where a day lasts ninety years a new power is rising; a sinister priesthood whose lust for empire reaches to distant shores, ensnaring, simple, unsuspecting people. This is the first novel by award winning screenwriter and filmmaker Andy Sparrow; an absorbing, briskly paced story of one man's odyssey across an alien world. It is an epic journey that takes the reader to frozen wastes, snatches them from the jaws of vengeful sea serpents, and delivers them to dark dreadful chambers where men are tortured in the name of God. It is a story of friendship, love, passion, greed, betrayal, war, corruption and the birth of a new faith that will change a world forever.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

AndyF

An absorbing, briskly paced story of one man's odyssey across an alien world. It is an epic journey that takes the reader to frozen wastes, snatches them from the jaws of vengeful sea serpents, and delivers them to dark dreadful chambers where men are tortured in the name of God.

Sounds like the stagger back from the Hunters after closing..... :LOL:

Only joking Andy, good luck with the book

Cave_Troll

looks very ineresting and exciting.
does it cope with figures, tables, surveys and black and white photos?

E

emgee

Cave_Troll said:
looks very ineresting and exciting.
does it cope with figures, tables, surveys and black and white photos?

With a cd on the front with the survex data.

T

tiggs

Thats good to know Andy :) Maybe i will start that novel afterall :D