Spray paint in waterways swallet.

mr conners

Has anyone been down Waterways recently?  There are two big X's sprayed in the main chamber where it meets the entrance crawl and some arrows sprayed on the wall in the gallery,  opposite the start of the scaffolded climb into the lower cave. We tried cleaning the paint off and it does wipe away but needs a brush and water. Why some fu*ktards thought this was a good idea is beyond me.

What a shower of sh*t great little cave Waterways...a long way from the main area's of the peaks and not massively well known outside caving circles...so sadly you'd have to assume Caver's rather than just yoofs out for a mess about!

zomjon

Hi Andy, I was only in there last Saturday, didn't notice a bloomin' thing. I think I'll blame it on my crap light, though I did have six others with me that saw nowt.

seamoose

I know of 'yoofs' who cut their teeth in Waterway in the past (and are now 'proper cavers') so I don't think we can assume only cavers who enter Waterways (desipte it's intimidating entrance crawl!)
Also I don't know any cavers who spray paint caves!
Therefore I don't think it's safe to assume it is Caver's who have done this...
But agree - great little cave and fu*ktards  :mad:

mr conners

Hey Jon.
I was with Al and his million lumen Scurrion so you have no choice but to see everything. The grass in the parking area was flattened so someone had been in fairly recently. I was going to go back and clean up but it's miles from my house.
Buggers.

Jenny P

A cavers' car was parked on Sunday afternoon (9th. Oct.), in the Waterways car park area because Boyd, of OCC, went over to do some maintenance work and strimmed the parking area but had to strim round the parked car.  No idea who was down the cave but Boyd says, from the clothes left in the parked car, it must have been cavers down there. 

Note that the gate to the car park needs replacing so Boyd is going to source another 2nd. hand gate to replace the existing one, which is definitely past its use-by date as it's almost completely disintegrated.  It will still require only a cord to hold it shut - so still available for cavers to park there.

Disappointing to hear the paint vandals have been at it again - it's usually Jug Holes which attracts their efforts.  Maybe they are unable to find their way in caves unless they mark big crosses to tell them which way is out - they could try string instead as that wouldn't leave any residue.

Agree with your sentiments about their probable ancestry.