CavefestUK dors Tuff Mudders

Yes, you heard us correctly.

15th - 17th August - Badminton estate - Tuff Mudders.

Neil and Pad from the team are entered in to the event and will be attempting to conquer the 5k course.

In our madness, we agreed to do this and will be doing so wearing our caving suits and helmets. Not that the challenge isnt hard enough, we just felt that the challenge had to be special. (a bit like us really)

We will be creating a sponsorship collection for this challenge and this will be posted at a later date.

You will be able to follow our progress with training and preparation right here, and of course on our Facebook,  Instagram and Website platforms.

Links and thread updates will also follow soon.

Keep your eyes peeled for more information about this insane idea as it developes.

Training for this event will begin on the 2nd February.

I honestly cant believe im actually doing this. I keep.looking at the website waiting for the registration to open again so we can book. It seems the ticket sales were down the last time we tried.
This of course just adds to my anxiety that i find is building the nearer i get to Friday.

Im not going to drop out, even though every ounce of my souls is screaming at me to do so. No, (said with almost believable confidence) I'm up for this. I really am..... Honest. ..........

My partner in this adventure/suicide mission is Pad. Pad is wise, Pad is relaxing on holiday pre training. Pad makes me very envious. lol
Together we will record sessions of our training for you all to giggle at and post them on our website blog. Updates and links will be provided here for you to follow, and of course you can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram

The websie blog will have all the information about the event itself and why we are doing this. You can read all about us and our mission, and if you choose to support our endeavors, sponsorship colletion is being set up too.

All funds raised from this adventure will be split, as always between CavefestUK and a local charity or organisation of our choice.

THE WEBSITE IS NOT DUE FOR RELEASE UNTIL 15TH FEBRUARY

We hope to see you all there cheering us along.
The event dates and location will also be

15th - 17th August 2020
Badminton Estate

https://toughmudder.co.uk

Alex

If you are doing it in your caving suits, I guess you should have picked a winter event, you will be bloody boiling in August, even with all the mud!

Thats part of the challenge. Cavers we are, and caving we will do.
Half of everything we collect in pledges will be donated to charity, so the obvious choice to wear our kit  to make the challenge even more insane was a natural one.
We are slightly mad mind. hehe

Training session 1 complete.
Follow the link to see my storyon Instagram.

https://instagram.com/stories/cavefestuk/2234771840155405805?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1krptecopwsbp

Managed to get out again today for another session. I cant believe how unfit i am. 2.7k today and half of that was off road. Sitting down to make a living, coupled with a too much couch time and not enough underground time has left me in bad shape.

I always knew this was gonna be tough, and although 2.7k isnt really that far, it felt like it was and that is what matters. Im pushing myself to achieve this goal and with some more aches and pains, i will get there.

Tough mudders, 15th August, come and join the fun. If you dont want to try it, why not support me as i try.
Nearer the time i will be putting out a sponsorship request to collect pledges.
Half of all i raise will go straight to.local charity, and the other half will go straight into CavefestUK.

[size=14pt]
Tough Mudders 2020 is still going ahead.

At this point, the team at tough mudders are assuring teams that the events in August are still open.
With this in mind, we have decided to run the challenge as planned on the
15th August .
We are entered into the 5k obstacle course.

We would like to invite you all to help us raise some donations for a charity close to our hearts here at CavefestUK.

Mind
We?re Mind, the mental health charity. We believe no one should have to face a mental health problem alone. We?re here for you. Today. Now. Whether you?re stressed, depressed or in crisis. We?ll listen, give support and advice, and fight your corner.

Please follow the link below to support us and Mind .

https://trk.justgiving.com/f/a/ob_rb6zJC3_2xeF0PAzVRg~~/AAME8QA~/RgRgmhkLP0TxaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuanVzdGdpdmluZy5jb20vZnVuZHJhaXNpbmcvQ2F2ZWZlc3RVSz91dG1fY2FtcGFpZ249bGNfZnJwX3NoYXJlX3RyYW5zYWN0aW9uX3RyYW5zYWN0aW9uYWxfLS1fcGFnZV9sYXVuY2hlZF8tLV9jYW1wYWlnbiZ1dG1fY29udGVudD1lNTM1ZDQxMy1kNWEwLTRhNDQtOGY3Ny0zMDBhOTZhNzg5MTMmdXRtX21lZGl1bT1lbWFpbCZ1dG1fc291cmNlPXBvc3RvZmZpY2UmdXRtX3Rlcm09MTU4OTA4OTI5MDYzN1cDc3BjQgoAHwuUt14msLpGUhRjYXZlZmVzdHVrQHlhaG9vLmNvbVgEAAAAAw~~

mikem

Guessing they have to hope it will:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-25/tough-mudder-runs-again-with-bankruptcy-sale-to-rival-spartan

mikem

Spartan are running all the events they can, just depends what rules on group gatherings are like by then - a straight race involves less contact with others than an obstacle course.

We have had confirmation that the Tough Mudders South West evwnt will go ahead.
The new dates for the event are the 21st & 22nd August.

CavefestUK team members are still due to take part in the 5k obstaclecourse on the 21st August.

We are collecting donations for Mind
Mental health matters

We cant see you there, but we do need your support

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/CavefestUK?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_transaction_transactional_--_page_launched_--_campaign&utm_content=e535d413-d5a0-4a44-8f77-300a96a78913&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1589089290637

CavefestUK said:
Yes, you heard us correctly.

15th - 17th August - Badminton estate - Tuff Mudders.

Neil and Pad from the team are entered in to the event and will be attempting to conquer the 5k course.

In our madness, we agreed to do this and will be doing so wearing our caving suits and helmets. Not that the challenge isnt hard enough, we just felt that the challenge had to be special. (a bit like us really)

We will be creating a sponsorship collection for this challenge and this will be posted at a later date.

You will be able to follow our progress with training and preparation right here, and of course on our Facebook,  Instagram and Website platforms.

Links and thread updates will also follow soon.

Keep your eyes peeled for more information about this insane idea as it developes.

This event has been postponed until 21st August 2021