Reservoir Hole. An Appreciation

The Old Ruminator

Most weeks we have been working away at Vurley. Now with CO2 at depth we are restructuring the entrance series. So if you were at HE you would know we are around 150m deep. Not bad in three years.
If you saw the Mendip Photo exhibition you would have seen my giant collages for Shatter Cave and Withyhill. Now I have compiled another big collage for Reservoir Hole. A difficult task reducing the images from over 1,000 to the 99 required for the collage. All had to be horizontal format so many vertical images have had to be edited. The short list was around 150 which I can, if acceptable to all, run as a pure photo thread here. So no text from me just images via Photobucket. Yes Photobucket and I have renewed our acquaintanceship and I now pay for the largest packet of which with some 20,000 images hosted only fills %3 of my limit. I think that is about ?100 pa but hey ho nothing comes cheap. Many images go on other forums for other hobbies. So cost wise getting where I want to be to use the collages at talks and events is not cheap either. ?80 for the collage then the dry mounting and framing securely at over ?150. Maybe I can recoup a bit through talk fees. The company I use are in Berlin and supply superb reproductions of images.
https://photo-collage.net/
This is a poor screen shot of the collage.

I will run the images a batch at a time and the odd " like " might encourage me to continue. No moaning about looking at them on mobile phones please.

The Old Ruminator

OK. Reservoir Hole in no particular order.

Remember all are Olympus TG shots mostly on the go.

The collage prints are obviously much small so any deficiencies will not be noticed.

Awaiting incoming --

Ali M

Be warned - you usually have absolutely no warning that Nick is taking your photo. Getting on with the work and turn around to find that his camera is right in front of your face - so warts & all.  :eek:

Roger W

I notice you guys are busy practicing for next year's Hidden Earth ladder rolling competition  ;)

The Old Ruminator

Muddy nose and all. Hang on there Ali. We were half way up the first climb of Ascension . Barely room to hang on. Just reading some old WCC journals and Phil Hendry describes me as " a digger who always seems to be taking photos of others working ".

JasonC

The macro shots are gobsmackingly beautiful.

(obviously the same applies to the diggers, ahem)

cavemanmike

Never mind the pie I was thinking that's got to be the smallest ladder I've seen underground, but when you look at the average age of the digger's they probably need all the help they can  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cap n chris

The Old Ruminator said:
Darn. I forgot this one for the collage.  A secret place in the " old " cave. Probably only three or four people have seen them.

I've seen them, and so has Andrew Atkinson. So probably more like five or six.

PS Yes, I have over 1,000 photos of at least one cave, if not two.