Ogof Llyn Parc survey please?

Earth Worm Jim

Can anybody point me in the right direction for a survey of Ogof Llyn Parc, please.

I've wasted far too much time searching google and I'm getting very board with it.

AndyF

There is one in the Caves and Limestone of Wales book Trevor Ford, if you can get a copy...

But as you need permission for it I'm sure N Wales Caving club could help... I think they only do guided trip in it in any case.

Great cave BTW, one of my favourites ever...

Les W

Apart from the above mentioned book there is no published survey of Llyn Park.
Peter Appleton of the NWCC has a large scale master survey but I'm not certain when (if) it is likely to be published.

rhychydwr1

There is a book:

THE CONCISE CAVES OF NORTH WALES  2002 iv + 57 pp, 38 surveys and maps. It is more than 17 years since the last Caves of North Wales was published. During this time many exciting discoveries were made. Consequently the number of caves described has risen from 140 to over 250 caves. To keep down the costs the references have been omitted from this edition making it 2/3 the size 1/2 the cost it might have been. Complete with an index of caves in order of NGR.

Les W

rhychydwr1 said:
There is a book:

THE CONCISE CAVES OF NORTH WALES  2002 iv + 57 pp, 38 surveys and maps. It is more than 17 years since the last Caves of North Wales was published. During this time many exciting discoveries were made. Consequently the number of caves described has risen from 140 to over 250 caves. To keep down the costs the references have been omitted from this edition making it 2/3 the size 1/2 the cost it might have been. Complete with an index of caves in order of NGR.
Does it contain an up to date survey of Ogof Llyn Park though?

dunc

I think there might be a survey in C&C 37, alongside the article about discovery etc, if your in a club try the library, or the BCA library.

Cavematt

The guys from NWCC were kind enough to set up a petrol-winch to take us down the 100m entrance shaft a couple of years ago!  It was an absolutely superb trip down an excellent (and enormous) cave and one we hope to be getting back to sometime soon! Can highly recommend a weekend in North Wales for caving.