Caverproof ' Waterproof survey/note pads

Antwan

When not caving I'm a print finisher/book binder, so seeing the flimsy off the shelf options for waterproof pads I have decided to make my own for my personal use, and due to minimum order size on the stock I need I will have an excess that I need to sell

made with 25 leaves of paper that is almost indestructible, 250gsm 'plastic' paper is tear proof, waterproof and writable with a normal Biro/pencil (everyone in the factory tried to tear the sample piece, and failed miserably)

Thick 2mm Plastic coil Binding (as used on the Diving Prompt Books I make for the BSAC)

500micron Polypropylene Covers

A6 - ?2.95 (nice size for an oversuit pocket)
A5 - ?4.95

The Problem I have is the need to sell either 90@A6, 45@A5 or a combination of both so as not to loose any money (this paper is really expensive stuff),

So at the moment I'm looking for anyone to say 'I'd like to buy 5' or whatever, then if I get enough interest to make it viable I'll set up an online payment for it all and you should have your order within 14 days of payment.

Delivery will be via Caver post to the Dales/Peak caving huts or at cost via royal mail

Any bulk/trade enquirers via PM please

Happy to answer any questions

Reeve

I will take a few probably A6 plus an A5. I'll also cross post this to the CDG forum as is a regular subject for surveying / notes.

Gareth.

Rhys

I'll take 3xA6.

Is the paper blank or lined or with squares or pre-printed in any way?

Rhys

pwhole

I'll take 3 A6 and one A5 if that's OK? I just hope I remember to keep checking the thread!

Amy

Any idea for shipping to the states?
I'd be most interested in some, maybe 2 a6 and an a5...can't say the number of times I've wanted to jot notes down in caves and paper does just about get ruined!

kdxn

I will take 5 A6, 25 or 50 sheets.

Are the ring binders big enough to take 50 sheets like the Chartwell Watershed red notebooks ?

Antwan

Rhys - Its totally blank

KDXN - The coil diameter is 12mm, 25 sheets (making 50 writable pages), unlike the chartwell books the binding is plastic so you wont get any rusting and it will bounce back from most knocks that would cripple metal wire-o binding

Amy - I'm looking into postage prices today so I will include the US

Just need to double check that the paper price has not doubled over night (its stupidly linked to oil prices) and I will let you know how to place your orders tomorrow

Antwan

I have setup a page on my website for all you lovely guys n' gals

It will be up for 'Pre Orders' untill friday 25th. I am only going to do one production run simply because I cant afford to make any for stock so get your orders in

Then on friday when I know how much paper to order I will make them the following monday and post them or whatever asap.

You need to add which size you need to the shopping basket and update the QTY there, then add a shipping option.

if you choose 'caver post' Please write in the extra information box where you would like them to end up and I will email you to arrange

http://3peaksuk.org/climb/?page_id=122

Thankyou for your support with this project, and if you like them, tell your local caving shop to give me a call!

kdxn

Just tried adding A6 to cart and I get an empty cart - coding issue ??
Left a comment.
Will take four pads plus up to 4 items post option.
Thanks,

Antwan

I have fixed the problem (fingers crossed)

If you have a paypal account you can send a personal payment to anthony (at) 3peaksuk.org if that is easier

pwhole

Just ordered mine, and all seemed to work fine - just got the confirmation email. It didn't ask me for a delivery address on the order, as I had an existing PayPal account and just took me straight there, so if you can use the address from there, that will be fine.

And thanks again for these - looking forward to using them.

Antwan

The page is now closed for orders as I'm dangerously close to having to order and extra pack of paper to make only a few pads.

Thankyou for your support, if you want some, are a regular on here and you havent managed to get an order in I will have some spare so pm me

Thanks