A trip to Box Freestone Mines 25/10.

Dray

Hi cavers,

I'm relatively new to underground exploring and have been to the mines once. We went in via the back door route and only found the cathedral. I would like to explore further and see the cranes, brick statues and anything else of interest. Are there any other new comers who would like to take a trip there? Also is there anybody on here willing to explain a route of interest or maybe lead a route at some point? I am free on the 25th of October for a trip so get in touch if you want to join me? Cheers

Dray 

Dray

Hello Dave

Thanks for your response. Is it usual for posts to get moved around on this forum?

That is a kind offer. I don't know cookie B, so how many others  do you think will be turning up and what time will you guys set off? What part of the mine will you be exploring? Cheers.

Dray

Dray

Cookie B contacted me by pm on ukcaving has not yet confirmed.

But there are 3-4 of us from our group. We have been exploring the gulls recently but we will probably make a trip over to cliftworks
passage and crane country.

Dave

Dray

Hi Dave

If you are definitely going then it would be great to tag along. It will be me+1. What time will you be meeting in Box?

Dray

Meet 10:00qm ar the quarrymans car park in Boxhill on saturday 24th october

Cookie B has not got back of us but there is 4+ of us

Dave

Dray

Hi Dave

That's great. Do you mean the Quarrymans Arms pub in Box? If not I don't know of the quarrymans carpark in Boxhill.

Dray

Well just to check - but it is the same pub

Here is a link to where we meet

The Quarrymans arms is in boxhill which is part of Box - see the link to the pubs web page and its address

IMG_3379.jpg

Les W

Dave, I assume you know that the Quarryman's Arms has requested that cavers don't park in their car park whilst they are underground.
They are happy to have you parked there when you are in the pub, but don't want cavers taking up spaces from other customers.

Les W

dave_the_cave said:
Les we are meeting in the car park we will park where we can probably next to the green.
(y)

I was only passing on their request to the caving world at large, in case they misunderstood your plans and thought it was OK to park there.  ;)

Have a good trip. And beer! Don't forget the beer...

Dray

Hi

Cool. Thanks for that. That is the pub I've been using to get the key and I have been parking by the green. I even bought a map from there. See you all on Saturday

Dray

Dray

Hi Dave. On our way from Bristol. Running 10 mins behind schedule. My mob is 07988880254. Cheers.

popeass1

A good trip today, it was great to meet you and Mellisa, Dray, enjoy the rest of your birthday!

(Steve.)

Dray

Hi guys

Thank you very much, from me and Melissa, for letting us tag along on a superb and informative trip down the mine. We really had a great time and defo want to go back again. I have posted some pictures on my facebook page if you want to check them out, Andrea Lamberti. Dave....my email is firemountain6@blueyonder.co.uk.

Cheers

Dray