Round Cave entrance straight opposite Braida Garth gate

Lu

o_O
Hi there
I am fairly new to caving and obviously like to investigate about a cave before I venture in....
I have found a very well worked out round entrance right in front of Braida Garth, near Yordas Cave, and have checked only about 10 metres in and would like to know if anyone knows what is the name of this cave and is there a survey on it...
please help if you can.Thanks for your help.
Lu  (y)

ChrisJC

Pop into Inglesport / Bernies or your favourite local outdoor shop, and get hold of the appropriate volume of Northern Caves. That will contain all you need to know about the Kingsdale system, and plenty of others too.

Chris.

damian

francis said:
I thought they were out of print?

Francis

They are. You can buy Book 2 which covers The 3 Peaks but not, unfortunately, West Kingsdale. That's in Book 3.

The best guidebook to buy at the moment is "Selected Caves of Britain and Ireland".

footleg

There are still a few copies of the West Kingsdale survey in the shops on Ingleton too. This is the reprinted ULSA survey (c. 1977). We are working on a new one, but don't expect it to be completed any time soon!

barrabus

footleg said:
There are still a few copies of the West Kingsdale survey in the shops on Ingleton too.

I bought one on saturday for the very reasonable price of £3.85 (from Bernies).