Flower pot, dynamite series.

JonP

Jams and myslef went for a 2nd attempt on finding the flower pot entrance into the carlswalk, dynamite series while below ground. Having heard numerous rumours of the collapse of the fourth barrel and unstable ground, rather than climb down the best option would be to climb out.
We parked in the layby on the main Eyam Delph road directly across from flower pot. Having come so close last time we were in the dynamite series but to no avail we thought the best idea would be to lower a handline into flower pot with a tiny beeper tied to the bottom, so that when we were in falls chamber we should be able to follow the beep!

After kitting up a gent in a pick-up stopped to have a chat, asked what we were upto? turns out He was one of the guys who dug it out....(also digging waterways swallet??)

Please step forward!!?  :clap:

After leaving the car at 8:00pm we got to the gin entrance at 8:15pm and managed to get well within the dynamite series by 8:30pm. (impressive?)

After reaching falls chamber we climbed upto the top, jams got within the tube upto flower pot (not knowing!?) while i got up the tube towards where the road had previously fell in, (Could we bugger hear anything adrenalyn and all.)

Jams asked if i woulld like to go and have a look in the chamber to where he previously had reached, (before our lights had run out.) Half way up the tube the beeper could be heard. Success :eek: (y)

After following our ears rather than eyes we eventually reached the 4th "collapsed" barrell. This can only be reached by flat out crawling up some slider planks. The barrell has been sqaushed but is still passable. When we were through the 4th barrell another chamber was entered with the 3 existing barrels to the surface all in tact. Although this chamber was pretty much surrounded by lose debris in mud as long as you dont decide to swing a cat around in there you can easily exit via flower pot.

Me and SamP are going to have another adventure down there tomorrow evening to see if we can move some of the rocks, make it abit safer.

So if anyone can make it tomorrow? pm me. ;)

SamT

good effort yoofs.  (y) like your style.

Guy that stopped could well be andy foster. (AndyF on this site).

Re digging flowerpot has be discussed somewhere else in the derbyshire forum.

Ideally, it needs some of that black plastic ribbed piping that you see around big roadworks to replace the barrels as its a lot lot stronger.

Just be careful if your digging down there eh?

AndyF

It was me wot done it.....with two others. Guy in Pickup was probably Pete Dell if it was a grey pickup that looks like a pimp wagon.

The original plan was to make a short route to get to far end of Dynamite series to dig in there, but we never did that, having decided that if we were going to dig then Eyam Dale house end would be nicer.

There is another thread about this entrance as Sam says

JonP

grey pick-up that looks like a pimp wagon

that sounds about right. (y)

did the through trip again tonight with SamP. it seems safe enough to climb down so the next step is to climb on down through flower pot to make quick access to the end of the dynamite series via porth crawl.

Mark

Nice one Guys, keep us posted what you get up to up Porth Crawl

Bug3.gif

benshannon

So I read about flower pot entrance after the last time I went to Carlswalk. This time it was my goal to find it.

Got through to the final chamber in the dynamite series, having a quick hunt about nothing looked promising. Then up and high to the right my mate said he saw a flat out looking crawl but didn't think it went anywhere.

Never one to turn down a flat out crawl, I slid along like a worm, through a small constriction into a low wide chamber. It had gorgeous small delicate stals everywhere and signs of a dig that is probably abandoned. 2 ways on, one to the left and one to the right. I slid left with care to not touch anything on the ceiling. That shit down quickly. Not feeling confident I thought I would check the right. It didn't look like it was going away where. Then all of a sudden I heard a rumble. I was aware of a draft. Helmet off and rolled onto my back I slide into the squeeze and boom, I heard a car and saw a blue barrel. Sitting under I could see up to day light. It looks in great condition and I was tempted to try and climb it but I doubt it's easy being  smooth barrels, and conscious my friends were back in the main chamber I headed back. I am now very keen to use that entrance and make a through trip. Well done on the work guys, it's impressive

2xw

benshannon said:
So I read about flower pot entrance after the last time I went to Carlswalk. This time it was my goal to find it.

Got through to the final chamber in the dynamite series, having a quick hunt about nothing looked promising. Then up and high to the right my mate said he saw a flat out looking crawl but didn't think it went anywhere.

Never one to turn down a flat out crawl, I slid along like a worm, through a small constriction into a low wide chamber. It had gorgeous small delicate stals everywhere and signs of a dig that is probably abandoned. 2 ways on, one to the left and one to the right. I slid left with care to not touch anything on the ceiling. That shit down quickly. Not feeling confident I thought I would check the right. It didn't look like it was going away where. Then all of a sudden I heard a rumble. I was aware of a draft. Helmet off and rolled onto my back I slide into the squeeze and boom, I heard a car and saw a blue barrel. Sitting under I could see up to day light. It looks in great condition and I was tempted to try and climb it but I doubt it's easy being  smooth barrels, and conscious my friends were back in the main chamber I headed back. I am now very keen to use that entrance and make a through trip. Well done on the work guys, it's impressive

A cautionary tale, me and another put a rope down flowerpot with loops tied in it and when we got back to flowerpot (we either couldnt find the way or I wimped out of a squeeze) I couldn't lift my legs high enough to get in the loops. Tommy managed to pull himself up just on his arms, at which point he went to my house and got my srt kit. My mum came down to laugh at me

I had a good 5 minute at the bottom to ponder the fact that I was 5 metres from the surface and about to be rescued by my mum. At least it wasn't DCRO I spose.

Tseralo

2xw said:
benshannon said:

A cautionary tale, me and another put a rope down flowerpot with loops tied in it and when we got back to flowerpot (we either couldnt find the way or I wimped out of a squeeze) I couldn't lift my legs high enough to get in the loops. Tommy managed to pull himself up just on his arms, at which point he went to my house and got my srt kit. My mum came down to laugh at me

I had a good 5 minute at the bottom to ponder the fact that I was 5 metres from the surface and about to be rescued by my mum. At least it wasn't DCRO I spose.

We did a trip very recently. We just used an election ladder and even I at 6'2 had no issues going up and down it.

2xw

Alright captain small thighs.

No the loops were way more far apart than an electron ladder. Think getting your knees to sternum level

Jenny P

That's why we always preferred 10 inch ladder rung spacing to 12 inch back in the day.  When it came to tight shafts it made all the difference.