Juniper Gulf photo taken by Ian Davidson...Skipton museum.

skippy

Hi all,
Following on from the Craven District Council plea for exhibits to be displayed in the new museum, an electron ladder has now been donated. The team of curators have also seen the classic B/W photo of Juniper Gulf taken by the late Ian Davidson.  The design team would like to use this image as a depiction of an electron ladder being used.
So, does anyone have a reasonable res, digital copy of this iconic photo that can be used by the museum?
Also, can anyone advise if there are any legal implications surrounding the image being displayed bearing in mind the image is not being used for advertising purposes?
Alternatively, would anyone be prepared to donate a similar image of a caver using such ladders from the 70's/80's.

Any info regarding the above would be great.
I can be PM'd if further details are required.
Cheers (y)

mikem

Info on the picture (Clive Westlake may be best starting point): https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=16337.0

Or Dick Ellis' shot of Hurnell Moss on page 2 may suit...

blackshiver

I have an A3 original print of this that Ian gave me back when I was a teenager and he lived close to me.
If you search this forum for "most impressive pitch in the UK" I seem to remember posting a digital picture of my original print a long while back.

If you can't find that, I still have the file. PM me with your e-mail address and you could get a print made of it just for use at the museum.