In Memory of Dave Elliot.

richardg

I am putting this video up in memory of Dave, as today would have been Dave's birthday. the video from YouTube records interviews with several of Britain's best known technical experts...
Richard.

https://youtu.be/4SGsaYf2qB0

Speleotron

I deleted this post about comparing caving and climbing because it probably doesn't belong on a memorial thread, I don't want to derail it disrespectfully.

PeteHall

Friendly banter between different outdoor groups is hardly a slippery slope. We all enjoy our pointless activities for different reasons and largely, we all have a far better understanding of why, than the average non-outdoor member of the public :kiss2:

Speleotron

Yes I took it a bit too literally sorry! I deleted it anyway as I didn't want to turn a memorial thread into an argument.

Duck ditch

I remember Dave being very appreciative of a joke I told him. We were all round a campfire and he rocked on his log and nearly set himself on fire.  We were talking about Elvis Presley of all people and I did the now rather we?ll known joke.

I said ?Do you know what Elvis would be doing if he was alive today??  He pondered this for some time before I delivered the punch line.  He just wasn?t expecting it.  Can anyone supply the punchline.  It makes me smile thinking of that moment.  rip dave