Regarding The Earthworm Lamp

The Old Ruminator

Dear cavers I may have indirectly cast lateral , seemingly derogative, remarks here in the distant past about the Earthworm lamp when poking fun at my good friend Mr O'Doc. As this has caused him subsequent embarrassment when caving with the lamp designer I feel that it is my humble duty to correct any implications that might have inadvertently arisen.  There is nothing negative I would wish to say about the Earthworm lamp. It has served the user Mr O'Doc well over many trips. It does seem, though,  that mounting the battery pack backward on the helmet might ( just might ) put undue strain on the cable. Not that Mr O'Doc would do that now would he ?
Have confidence in your Earthworm folks.

mrodoc

The said Earthworm demonstrating its water resistance

Attachments

• DSCN0804 sm.jpg
    DSCN0804 sm.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 161

ogofmole

We have four members using Earthworms in our club, and another one is about to be ordered. We find the light is superb, lighting up the whole chambers with a wide beam, not that annoying spot that so many others have.

rhychydwr1

I was going as if anybody could tell me, what is an Earthworm lamp.  Then I Googled it:

https://earthwormcavelight.co.uk/

Very expensive.  I have a couple of spare LED headlights for sale at ?3.00 each.