Landjoff Knee Pads & Mini Bags

global_s

Anyone used them. One of my old ones went missing in Peak Cavern and certainly felt their loss last night. Anyway they seem a good price, but it's hard to tell comfort without trying them. I've got one of the heavy duty bags which seems to be holding up well.

product_964.jpg

Also does anyone use a mini bag on their harness for less tight trips. It seems a good idea to keep sugary snacks and cameras in, but do they end up as ball ache to use?

variant_9_78.jpg

paulc

global_s said:
Anyone used them. One of my old ones went missing in Peak Cavern and certainly felt their loss last night. Anyway they seem a good price, but it's hard to tell comfort without trying them. I've got one of the heavy duty bags which seems to be holding up well.
Cant help with the kneepad question sorry but I bought a Landjoff oversuit and I have been very happy with it, I am now considering one of their heavy duty bags so its good to hear that yours is holding up.

global_s

Not sure how I feel about this. I can see them being lovely when wet.  :-\

The bag seems alright though.

ianball11

The strap broke on mine last time out. They are maybe a year old and seen some decent work on them.
I added a piece of neoprene inside mine and stuck some gaffa over the hole.
They are great value when compared to the ?35 Warmbac pair though I suppose I did have an old wetsuit lying around to chop out some bits to stick inside.

Olaf

Regarding bags: don't take the one with the extra bit of black fabric on top as shown in your picture. Judging from the website, this one is called "Mini 3" or "Mini 5" and the cord is going to be full of mud and very hard to operate in no time. The "Personal 5" should be a better choice for caving.

Vulcan

I have a personal 5 - the cord toggle on it doesn't kept the bag closed when it's full of mud.
But I just replaced it with some paracord and tie a knot in it and that's fine (although there is one to few eyelets to do it properly, so just missed one out).

The seam one the bottom is wearing out a bit though after 9 months (probability mendips/welsh crawls doing that though).

But it's a good size for me and overall I'm happy with it considering it cost ?10.

enki_ck

Vulcan said:
I have a personal 5 - the cord toggle on it doesn't kept the bag closed when it's full of mud.
But I just replaced it with some paracord and tie a knot in it and that's fine (although there is one to few eyelets to do it properly, so just missed one out).

The seam one the bottom is wearing out a bit though after 9 months (probability mendips/welsh crawls doing that though).

But it's a good size for me and overall I'm happy with it considering it cost ?10.

I have the Personal 5 too, and did the same regarding the cord. There are enough eyelets though. You just start from the back and pull both ends out of the one front eyelet.

00e63fe5-6e66-4e10-9c64-58391e7c4c86.jpg

I added extra paracord to the back and made loops so I can carry it on my back too. Less irksome than on my hip where it swings around and can be a nuisance but it has its drawbacks too.

But it's a good way to carry a small water bottle, some snacks, FAK or your camera.

f6b7ac61-141b-430e-857a-fde62d1e21e3.jpg