Administrator
Staff member
Hi BCA,

I've just received this message:

I wonder if you can help me? After seeing an article in the
telegraph which links to the 'clubs near you' section of the BCA I have noticed
our club (DCC) is not mentioned in the list. I find this unusual as we are
established +50 years and have quite a bit to offer. Can you put me in touch
with someone who might be able to correct this??

Thanks, Tangent Tracker

Can anyone help please??

Thank you, Pegasus  (y)

Les W

Where is this list? On the BCA website both DCC and Earby are listed as members. I don't know where the "Clubs near you" section is but if its the Try Caving website you refer to  then you had to register there to be listed.

BCA Chair

As Les W says, the link in the telegraph was to the Try Caving website. This was set up quite a while ago as part of BCA's Youth & Development programme and it was available for any interested clubs to register themselves. Unfortunately the persons who set it up have moved on and we are no longer in a position to update the site, which also includes background admin such as adding new groups. This is not good and we are working on it, but in the meantime if your club has not already registered, I'm afraid it won't be able to.
Sorry!

Damian Weare
BCA Secretary

Cookie

Ah, another thread for me to kill stone dead by asking for a volunteer.  ;)

The website is working fine. It's not the technology that's a problem, it is finding someone who has the time and energy to keep it up to date.

There are two jobs really.
a. The first is the non-technical job of generating some new articles and images to refresh the site and keep it current.
b. The other is the more technical admin side where some experience of Joomla or similar would come in handy. 

If you feel you would like to help please contact me (webmaster [at] british-caving.org.uk).

It'd look good on your CV!

Cookie

TT & BB, if you PM me the name and email address of the person in your club who'll be responsible, I'll create a login for them on the TryCaving website.