Cumberland cavern snake

amozzer

Either someone thought it was a good idea to let loose a large anaconda or python of around 12ft in length judging by the intact sheaded skin. Or for some strange reason left it in one of the passages off props chamber having gone to the trouble of putting it there đŸ¤”

amozzer

Took 10 year old nephew on his 1st trip don't think he will be going again as was sh**ing himself worrying about been eaten alive đŸ˜¢

tdobson

We saw this last night. Just outside the lower entrance of the Maze. Most visible when you exit the maze towards the main entrance.

EFRESHW

I took a fresher down there yesterday for their FIRST underground experience EVER and I promised it wouldn't be scary at all. They saw the snakeskin, panicked, and we had to leave very quickly for the pub.  poor lad. I too was very freaked but heck, I got some shots for everyone to see and it ranks in my top 5 weird experiences underground.

It's 15 minutes in, can't miss it. You walk around a corner and think 'Wat is that thing?'.  Photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200729_221034.jpg
    IMG_20200729_221034.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20200729_220941.jpg
    IMG_20200729_220941.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148

Dave Tyson

I guess someone is having a joke.

If the snake was alive and down there it would be pretty torpid as it's just too cold underground even in this heat wave. If you did encounter it then I am sure it would be very pleased to be rescued  ;)

Dave