Swildons short round

chunky

I've done the squeeze like that......not pretty......not pretty at all  [emoji37]

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

moorebooks

rhyst said:
Has anyone ever done the Swildon's short round in just pants? I'll allow wellies.

In the late 70s Jeff Banbury ( now sadly long gone) of the Swindon and Shropshire clubs perfected the art of wearing  a thick black plastic refuse bag and  white Y fronts and certainly led trips into Swildons dressed like that. I think the most embarrassing when doing the tourist bit in Cheddar Gorge that weekend he saw a refuse truck and leapt onto the back of it shouting caving gear to the bemused public and fellow cavers

dugadig

If you're referring to trouble series and sump one I would say definitely not.
If your talking about the short dry way in the entrance series then maybe ..? Possibly even going in the wet way.. with a support team of experienced cavers carrying spare kit and first aid!
If someone does it though, please take a GoPro or something and post it on Utube.
Could do with a laugh like that!  ;)  ;)

PeteHall

I have found that Warmbac 'paddling shorts' (neoprene pants) make excellent caving underwear, providing that little extra comfort where it matters. Probably the thing for this sort of trip.

Which reminds me, I need to get a new pair as mine now have a hole where it matters!  :eek:

dugadig

PeteHall said:
I have found that Warmbac 'paddling shorts' (neoprene pants) make excellent caving underwear, providing that little extra comfort where it matters. Probably the thing for this sort of trip.

Which reminds me, I need to get a new pair as mine now have a hole where it matters!  :eek:

lol  ;)  :spank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nGsUbZpCKM

mrodoc

Reminds of a trip I did with Butch of the Shepton when I was an impressionable teenager. We followed him into Sidcot Swallet - he was wearing a helmet, nifecell, unnderpants and a pair of boots. Never forgot it! Members of SWCC used to regularly do fast trips up OFD streamway in shorts and perhaps still do.

jprstoney

If anyone remembers Andy & Angi Caves wedding back in the 90's, I recall there were a number of cavers that woke up in Swildons in not much more than headgear and pants....