Cavers in Chew Magna/Chew Stoke

M

Matt..f

Now I know this sounds like some sort of lonely hearts intro but it isn't.  I'm looking to meet cavers around this area as everybody I know thinks I'm mad for wanting to have a more serious go at this activity.  Especially my wife.  She tried the caves in Waitomo in New Zealand and still hasn't fully forgiven me! 
Drop us a message, or can I be pointed in the right direction for a novice.  I've checked the Try Caving list and I'm not too sure which one would suit me.  Thanks in advance for any answers.

Matt..

Les W

Matt,

if you are only in Chew Magna then the world is your oyster. There are many clubs and many more cavers "just down the road" on the Mendip Hills. You're welcome to meet up with us on a Thursday Evening if you want.

Les

cap n chris

Sounds like you live in an ideal place to do LOTS of caving!.... Mendip Hills beckon.

Check out some of the caving clubs - Wessex is  m a r v e l l o u s, so I've heard.

M

Matt..f

This Thursday would be great, only it's my wedding anniversary.  But thanks for the offer and advice.

Matt..

Les W

Lucky for you then that we are not caving this Thursday. Normal service resumed next Thursday though.  :beer:

darren

Normal service? that'll be the weekly race not to be late.

Still should be OK coming from Chew Magna, might even beat LesW.

cap n chris

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=353636&y=150929&z=4&sv=353636,150929&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&se

Aubrey

Hi Matt

Yes - we are the Wessex Cave Club ...........

I go caving/digging a couple of times a week - every Wednesday evening and usually late on Sundays (there is a special reason for that)!

My office is on the High Street in Chew Magna (No. 25) - drop in for a chat sometime. I live in Stanton Drew.

Aubrey

darren

There's no such thing as a "chat" with a digger.

Start getting worried when he says "just a few more nights and we'll be there" and run when he makes you an offer you can't refuse.

Aubrey

darren said:
There's no such thing as a "chat" with a digger.

Start getting worried when he says "just a few more nights and we'll be there" and run when he makes you an offer you can't refuse.

You are right - we keep at it (unlike some).
I only did 244 digging trips into Drunkards. Afraid have lost count in Bath Swalett but could be more than Drunkards.
Caves is where you makes them! :beer:

M

Matt..f

Thanks for the offer Aubrey, i shall pop by soon.  I mentioned caving to some people at work and they looked at me like i was mad, so thanks for all the positive responses (all those Wessex cavers  :bow:)

Matt..

pete h

Matt..f said:
Thanks for the offer Aubrey, i shall pop by soon.  I mentioned caving to some people at work and they looked at me like i was mad, so thanks for all the positive responses (all those Wessex cavers  :bow:)

Matt..

Matt, we dont need this  :bow: only a few buckets pulled up and  :beer: :beer: