Beginners in Sheffield / South Yorkshire

R

RAMBLER

Hello everyone... How  are you all ?? fine i hope,, right where do i start lol.... i am  and have been fascinated by caving/potholing for years,, but never knew any contacts...
i  wonder if anyone knows of potential clubs that  i could contact.. im from sheffield,,, but not too far awy from the peak dist.. The peaks/ yorkshire dales/lake district my fave places.. i am not a youngster any more ,, nearly 47 .. :: LOL...
.. i regular go walking ...  long and short distance ,, with the wife ,, but she draws a LINE ' THIS...   HOPE TO HEAR FROM .. SOME  FOLK..
thanks ,, and excuse the gremlins

paul

You could try Orpheus Caving Club. We are based in the Peak District and have a club hut near Monyash and have regular trips to other caving areas in the UK. Have a look around our website if you wan to find out more information.

R

RAMBLER

thank you paul.. i will do so,,, many thanks.. im out into castleton this saturday poss down the speedwell.. and a walk /drink,, as wife and daughter out to london ,, take that.. HOME ALONE LOL

mudmonkey

If you're out in Castleton you could do worse than stick your head around the door of the Chapel. It's the green garage door between the two sharp bends in the village. It's the base for TSG, another Peak caving club.

R

RAMBLER

HELLO,,, BEEN OUT TO CASTLETON TODAY.. WENT DOWN SP EEDWELL SAW SOME MEMBERS OF THE  TSG,, THEY DIDNT KNOW ME FROM ADAM... BUT I SPOKE TO THEM + REALLY  ENJOYED WHT 1 OF THE GUYS SPOKE ABOUT.. IS STILL A BIG CHALLENGE.. BUT STILL REALLY INTERESTED..
MANY THANKS..
SHEFFIELD DAVE