Looking for a dive buddy for a cavern course on 2/3 aug.

Ralf

Hi

I plan to attend a cavern diver course on 2/3 august at Farrworld.
I would need a dive buddy for that course. Anyone interested?

ps. No, I cannot join the CDG as I do not live in the UK.

Ralf

Update: The course was postponed due to lack of participants. New, confirmed dates: 5/6th September. I would love to do some entry level cave dives on 7/8th either in South Wales or in Somerset.

Pitlamp

Hello Ralf, I'm in the Northern Section, so can't help directly. (Can't Martyn suggest another course member as a buddy?)

If you wanted to dive something in Wales or on Mendip (i.e. Somerset area) it might be best to contact those Sections directly (details on the CDG website) - can't promise but it may be that someone would offer to sort something out. I guess it depends on someone having the time available on the right days. Whether or not you already have caving experience will influence what is / is not safely possible. It's definitely best to dive UK sumps via contact with the local CDG members; the conditions aren't really much like what a "cavern" course deals with. Martyn is a dyed-in-the-wool CDG member so he can probably point you at the right people if you ask in advance (so there's more time to make arrangements).

Maybe someone in those areas will see this and send you a PM

Best of luck anyway.

Penguin

You could try advertising for cavern course buddies on some of the main UK diving forums, like ukdivers.com or yorkshire-divers.com (not just Yorkshire!). 

Ralf

I have decided to look for dry caving opportunities instead.
It's the proper way to proceed.

ps. thank you for advice