Where posters have been placed

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
I have been asking local businesses and organisations if they would please put a New To Caving poster up.

wl

Wanted to keep a record of where I've been and who I've asked so am doing so here - hopefully will prompt other cavers to help promote a website that promotes caving to potential new cavers.

Ingleton Waterfalls Cafe
Ingleton Tourist Information and also Community Centre
Meadowfalls Campsite, Thornton in Lonsdale
Woodclose Caravan Park, Kirkby
Kirkby Lonsdale Tourists Information
Inglesport Climbing Wall (Thanks to David at Inglesport)

15th July

Ingleton chippy (just closed, missed my chippy tea, but he did let me put a poster up :)  )
Helwith Bridge
Station Inn & Bunkhouse (they would like some leaflets from Instructors working in the area as get asked all the time)
Orcaber Caravan and campsite, Austwick
Marton Arms

(Sounds like I've been on a pub crawl :)

17th July - Whitescar Caves & Ingleton Petrol station.

25th July

Pinecroft Lodges, Ingleton
Clapham Bunkhouse and cafe
Clapham notice board
Ingleborough Hall, Clapham
Ingleborough Cave & Nature Trail

Tseralo

May be worth asking if you could put one in the outside cafe in hathersage and Pete?s eats in llanberis

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Tseralo said:
May be worth asking if you could put one in the outside cafe in hathersage and Pete?s eats in llanberis

I know them both well, however am rarely passing by these days - anyone help me out?  Posters can be collected from ours near Ingleton (PM me) or Tony Seddon will carry some with him or collect from Inglesport.

Thanks for the ideas and helping out - a huge task for me to do it all on my ownsome  :blink:

nearlywhite

I can easily manage Pete's Eats if anyone can caver post them to the BEC lot going to the Berger, failing that Jane I'm sure our paths will cross before too long

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
nearlywhite said:
I can easily manage Pete's Eats if anyone can caver post them to the BEC lot going to the Berger, failing that Jane I'm sure our paths will cross before too long

Tony Seddon (Starless River) will collect some posters from me soon and have them with him on his travels, thanks Tony  (y) (y) (y)

www.starlessriver.com

AR

The Smithy in Monyash is another caver-friendly place that might be worth trying?

Peregrina

The ones in Peak Cavern are already looking a bit knackered so I think we'll want some more at some point.

There are some small posters in the TSG kitchen if anyone wants to take one. I can get a poster to Outside.

AR

I'll pick one up if I get over to the Chapel at any point in the  near future, or try and arrange to get one via Phil, I can call in at the Smithy on a dog walk. I could also drop one in at the Mining Museum.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone.

I could do with a number of places in each of the caving regions for folks to collect posters from.  These can then be taken home and put up in local schools, scout huts, climbing walls etc etc.

The Dales - our house or Inglesport (If you want one of the larger posters PM me)

The Peak - the TSG hut in Castleton?

Mendip?

South Wales?

Forest of Dean?

Cornwall?

Other areas?

I've been told people take photos of the posters in Peak Cavern with their mobiles as they exit the showcave. If folks agree we need to encourage new cavers to our sport, then surely taking the time to put a poster up that might, just might encourage someone to have a go at caving is worth while, isn't it?

...and while I'm on the subject, links to www.newtocaving.com on your club website, or other suitable websites are another great way of spreading the word.  Remember, New to Caving has been adopted by the BCA, it's there to inspire a new generation to our sport and its run on a not for profit basis.

Thank you, Jane  :)

PeteHall

Is it worth gett one of those QR codes on the poster so people can scan their way straight into the website?

No idea how this works or what it costs, but I'm sure someone here will know.

Pete K

TSG member here! I'm sure we'd have no problem having a stash of the posters at the Chapel.
I'll actually be in Inglesport tomorrow morning with a couple of members so could collect some if you can get any there for us?

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Pete K said:
TSG member here! I'm sure we'd have no problem having a stash of the posters at the Chapel.
I'll actually be in Inglesport tomorrow morning with a couple of members so could collect some if you can get any there for us?

Thank you  (y) (y)

Tim will be in Inglesport cafe by 10am - I'll make sure he takes some supplies.  If he takes a could of the larger ones, could you get them to Peak Cavern please??

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
cavemanmike said:
Any chance of a few to put up around North Wales, local climbing wall, school etc etc.
Cheers

Absolutely - I will be in N.Wales, near Ruthin on 31st July/1st Aug - have sent a PM  (y) ;)

Pete K

Pegasus said:
Pete K said:

Thank you  (y) (y)

Tim will be in Inglesport cafe by 10am - I'll make sure he takes some supplies.  If he takes a could of the larger ones, could you get them to Peak Cavern please??

No problem.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Met with a nice chap at Whitescar Caves this afternoon who said he's put one of our larger posters up - chuffed at this as surely folks who have just been down a showcave and are interested in finding out more about caves and caving will find New to Caving useful??

Any help getting posters in more showcaves very much appreciated (Peak Cavern should have new ones soon).

Thank you

martinb

Pegasus said:
Met with a nice chap at Whitescar Caves this afternoon who said he's put one of our larger posters up - chuffed at this as surely folks who have just been down a showcave and are interested in finding out more about caves and caving will find New to Caving useful??

Any help getting posters in more showcaves very much appreciated (Peak Cavern should have new ones soon).

Thank you

Send one to Vicky Turner at Treak Cliff Cavern - she'll deffo put one up.

Can't do it myself as I now live in France! ;)

Pete K

I have deposited a pile of posters at TSG. Some will make their way to Peak Cavern this week but if anyone wants to grab one for any of the other showcaves/mines then go for it.