GoPro 3 white Lighting and cave suitability

AliRoll

Hi Guys I am thinking of getting a GoPro 3 white for my caving, and was wondering if anyone had any experience using this model underground? :-\

I am planning on using a solar storm X2 bike light (advertised as 5000lm but closer to 2000lm I think) I have off eBay for my light source because i doubt my fenix hp25 can provide enough light for the camera. I would really like to know if it can give me worthwhile image quality, or would I need more lights/better/different camera???

Cheers 

YorkshireTea

I have the new Gopro (Basic @ ?90) ... I use a bog standard outdoor centre lamp and it works really well. Some brighter lights create a bit too much glare on the water or damp rock surfaces

Filter

Been using H3 White for a few years now. My one suggestion would be to use HQ video and screengrab, because unless there's a ton of light pictures won't really turn out (it picks up the lights and makes all the dark bits super-dark - this happens even indoors above ground). But, the quality of the video is pretty good (all things considered)! If you can find the GUPA page on Facebook you'll see a bunch of my photos pulled from the vids.