Wanted..Cyklon 300's

E

ecowaller

Does anyone have any of these regs for sale? 2 would be great...... :confused:

Stupot

:LOL: stop it my side's are killing me......................

Seriously though, I have 2 300 1st stages for sale they are currently on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Poseidon-Cyklon-300-First-Stage-Regulator_W0QQitemZ130069161150QQihZ003QQcategoryZ19303QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Poseidon-Cyklon-300-First-Stage-Regulator_W0QQitemZ130069159021QQihZ003QQcategoryZ19303QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Stu.

MDS

I wondered who those belonged to!  :tease: Now what about those (broken) 2x 5000's on e-bay too!  ;)

....and I've just acquired 2x 300's also!

Stupot

One was broken beyond all repair and the other works fine  ;)

Limestone can be so unforgiving on delicate diving equipment  :spank:

Stu.

MDS

Got any advice on hose routing on the 300's Stu?????

The threads on the 300's are shorter too. I've got San O Subs taps on my 7's and the threads on the taps are too deep for them so I'll be swapping my taps for MDE's shortly

San O Sub valves  :thumbsdown:  poorly manufactured! - Lose em if you've got any!!!

Stupot

Can't really help you there Matt, I have never actually used the 300's all my 1st stages are now DS4's,
sadly my confidence in Poseidon 1st stages is no longer there  :cautious:

Stu.

MDS

Stupot said:
......sadly my confidence in Poseidon 1st stages is no longer there  :cautious:
Stu.

I thought so!!!

The 300's are nice but the outlets are configured differently than the 5000 which makes hose routing a little confusing. The clustered config on the 5000's is better IMHO. The reliability of the 1st stage valve seatings is still in question though (although a reliable source tells me the 5000's are just as ok as the 300's)

MDS

ecowaller said:
Does anyone have any of these regs for sale? 2 would be great...... :confused:

How you seen them? or just heard many views that the 300's are better. I've just acquired 2 300's and am still middle of the road despite the party!

They are over 20yrs old and are old technology!

However I'll be keeping and using them for now!

I'll post updates in the future!

Pitlamp

The wheel, I'm told, is moderately old technology too.  The beauty of old technology is that it's pretty well tried and tested.  For most British cave diving conditions the Cyclon 300 is an excellent workhorse, it's only real weakness being gravel ingress through the mouthpiece causing exhalation diaphragm problems.  If you know how to deal with this then it's OK - there are several approaches to this problem which have been detailed elsewhere.  Owners need to learn about their idiosynchracies and all the tricks of getting the best out of them - but I wouldn't swap all mine for anything else.

MDS

Pitlamp said:
...............but I wouldn't swap all mine for anything else.

I feel quite attached to my 300's already and I only got them last Friday

I took them on a 22m OW dive Wednesday and they worked a dream. I clanged them about a bit inside a wreck too w/o any probs. First impressions - all good

As for sidemount diving??? -  I'll probably never dive single cylinders again, sidemounts/drysuit and NO bcd - far superior!  (y)

I'll be testing them thoroughly in OW though til I'm 100% decided

Matt S

M

MSD

I never dive with a single tank either, but back-mounted twins with a wing is a great configuration for most OW diving as well as cave diving in bigger passages.

On occasions, using some kind of BC even with sidemounts is pretty essential. On deeper dives with bigger cylinders and maybe a stage tank or two, a rip in your drysuit could be pretty catastrophic. The need for reduncancy applies just as much to buoyancy as to breathing apparatus and lights.

Mark