Advertising the AGM

Madness

Given that the BCA AGM is tomorrow, I can't recall seeing any official notification of it posted on here.

I've seen the date and venue mentioned in posts on here but I can't recall seeing an official announcement. Perhaps I missed it.

Has there be any official announcement anywhere other than on the BCA website? If not, then I ask why?

cavemanmike

Madness said:
Given that the BCA AGM is tomorrow, I can't recall seeing any official notification of it posted on here.

That's because it is a BCA AGM and not a ukcaving AGM.
If you want to know anything about the BCA just go on there website.
Simples  ::)

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
BCA itself did not post about the AGM on UKC. 

The CNCC did (thank you CNCC) and I put that announcement onto the home page plus shared whatever posts I saw on Facebook.

IMO, BCA should have posted on here, it is after all one way amongst many to communicate with cavers and surely BCA should be trying to communicate with cavers as much as possible.

Madness

Pegasus said:
BCA itself did not post about the AGM on UKC. 

The CNCC did (thank you CNCC) and I put that announcement onto the home page plus shared whatever posts I saw on Facebook.

IMO, BCA should have posted on here, it is after all one way amongst many to communicate with cavers and surely BCA should be trying to communicate with cavers as much as possible.

Exactly. Why does the BCA not think to advertise the AGM to the widest possible audience of cavers.
Perhaps they don't want cavers to attend....
...and vote.

The more cavers that attend, the less likely you are to get your own way!

Now, better get up and off to the AGM.

alastairgott

Quite confused, as with all the recent threads, I doubt it would have taken much sleuthing to find the details...

I suspect Madness had been on the beers last night (and in the wee hours of this morning). ;) :beer: :beer: :beer:

Madness

Perhaps I should have just been blunt with my original post.

I should have just posted that the BCA executive/council/whatever couldn't be arsed to try to advertise the AGM to the widest possible craving audience.

...and no Mr Gott, I didn't have  drop last night.

alastairgott

Sorry for casting aspersions on your character by suggesting you?d been drinking :)

I did, and had mighty fun playing human buckeroo at the NPC. An unfortunate soul fell asleep on the sofa, so we found various items from the hut to see how much it would take before they woke up.

Must have been 20-30 items including a wet floor sign, a brush, two shovels, a rake and my favourite the sledgehammer!