Kingsdale water...

george

Hi internet folk, a few of us are planning on heading over the Dales this afternoon; we were looking at maybe Simpsons/Swinsto pull-throughs, Aquamole or something. But now it's lashing it down here (Thirsk/Northallerton) so I wondered what it's like over there?

Cheers George

PS - we'll probably still come over there but might change plans....

Ian P

Administrator
Staff member
Hi
Water levels are currently "up" a little, nothing too bad.
Drizzling at the moment but forcast is to improve.

Not for me to say if your planned trips would be safe though !

We are just about to head down Rowten pot.

Have a good trip.

Ian

Simon Wilson

I hope I don't sound too condescending but I use the Met Office to find out what the weather is going to be like.

You can see forecasts for quite specific places.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcwk1kwgz

If you go to the Met Office website or use the app you can view a rainfall map sequence. Today's sequence shows that a belt of rain crossed the North of England this morning and that the afternoon will be clear. I think it is a good day for going into the West Kingsdale system.

In prolonged wet periods other good resources include the various websites that show river levels. There are mobile phone apps as well.

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/5109

george

Ian P - thanks for that - we might see you coming out of Rowton by the time we arrive!

Simon Wilson - you don't sound condescending at all! I checked the forecasts, I was just garnering a little local 'on-the-scene' knowledge. So thank you to you as well.

Cheers

George

Pitlamp

I meant to say "Me too".

We ought to try and make contact with the Settle Hydro folk to tell them how much we appreciate it and how grateful we'd be to have it back!

Ian Ball

HELP US KEEP THE HYDRO RUNNING AT MAXIMUM POWER

We are looking to recruit additional volunteers to join the small, dedicated team who help keep the hydro running at maximum power.

The daily screen clearing is organised on a flexible rota basis so the more team members we have then the fewer times each individual is required.

The time taken to clear the screen depends on the amount of debris to be cleared and can be from a couple of minutes to 30 minutes. The work is moderately physical. Training will be given and equipment provided. You will need to have access to the internet.

If you think you may like to join the Hydro Team
then please contact Steve Amphlett

Ian Ball

I've asked Steve about the webcam and possible things we can help with, I'm just waiting for him to give me the ok to post his message here, however it seems a rather good match, they need a hand moving boulders and silt  (y)
(however it from the actual river itself)