Yorkshire, where?

graham

This Yorkshire Tea that I see advertised on the telly; where in that county do they grow it?  :unsure:

or is it summat else they've nicked from Lancashire?  :idea:

braveduck

I do not know if it's worth wasting my time being infomative here!
There are two sorts of Yorkshire Tea ,one for soft water areas and one for hard water areas.
So Yorkshire Tea is a good product so why knock it?
Someone getting bored on here,it must be Christmas!

graham

Big Jim said:
:LOL: I admire your antagonism Graham (y)  What sparked this then??? :-\

I've been wondering this for a while. I know tea is grown in China, Sri Lanka and India. I gather it has been grown in Pembrokeshire, but I can find absolutely no records of commercial tea growing in Yorkshire.

Pitlamp

Speaking as a Lancastarian - and with due respect for our colleagues over the great frontier down the middle of the Pennines - Yorkshire Tea is actually really good. Specially the real leaf tea rather than the bags. I'm a pint mug man myself and I get through quite a lot of it. The best flavour comes at the end when you have to use your teeth as a strainer . . . .  It's a northern thing.

They blend it for the water round here. Speaking of which, time to put the kettle on.

cap n chris

Weather climate global change has resulted in topsy-turvey rainsundrizzlemist and if it's possible for pasties to grow in the arid deserts of Cornwallshire then I for one wouldn't be surprised if tea trees can thrive amid the glaciers of t'Dales. I'm taking it in my stride, me, and perhaps Graham will see sense when he reads it.

TheBitterEnd

Big Jim said:
:LOL: I admire your antagonism Graham (y)  What sparked this then??? :-\

Bears, badgers, cocks, political correctness...

... seems to me that baiting yourkshiremen is one of the few pleasures left to us  :hug:

Pitlamp

Speaking as a non Yarkshireman, I'm just bored. Had to cancel caving plans for today because of this filthy weather. Time for another brew.

Blakethwaite

cap 'n chris said:
I for one wouldn't be surprised if tea trees can thrive amid the glaciers of t'Dales.

You must remember that Yorkshire is a huge place of which the Dales are but a corner and not just some obscure patch of fields in The South or Belgium or wherever Mendip/Mendips/Mendipshire is in, on or under.

Blakethwaite

langcliffe said:
We have some thriving vineyards. I recommend the rather fine ros? Yorkshire Sunset.

We crawled out of a hole on the moors a summer or two back to find they had a stall in a Yorkshire Food type exhibition at Grosmont station. They didn't seem too happy to dish out gratis glasses to a load of people in filthy caving kit for some reason... Whatever the white was was very nice though.

Huge

graham said:
I've been wondering this for a while. I know tea is grown in China, Sri Lanka and India. I gather it has been grown in Pembrokeshire

You can buy Welsh Tea too you know!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Don't worry, no one's left out:

Seasons-Pick-Rwandan.jpg
lancashire_tea.jpg
th-sb-20s-212x300.jpg

Welsh_Brew_Tea_Bags-500x500.jpg
4531579830_123ee4132f_n.jpg