'Daughters of the Dark'. The only caving film in BMC women in adventure -

andyfr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZLZetn0UmE

This is a caving entry to the BMC 'Women in Adventure' Festival and Competition. It is one of 30 films and there is a most viewed prize as one part of the event. So please view it (we hope you enjoy) and share it.

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Watched, enjoyed and shared  (y)

Particularly liked the phrase 'Perfect geology'  ;)

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Really liked that - a fabulous depiction of our sport.  Good luck with the comp.

chunky

Watched and shared, good luck with your entry [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

The Old Ruminator

Took two nice young ladies caving last Sunday. I think that ladies cope better in some underground situations than men. Certainly, they make better models as they have more patience.

P1190017 by Nicholas Chipchase, on Flickr

As ever the Freem's have made a wonderful film. I certainly learned a lot working with them at Fairy Cave Quarry.

PeteHall

Just watched this with my wife. If she hadn't seen the state of all my kit after a trip, she might have been convinced that caving was a good idea!

JasonC

rhychydwr1 said:
Best caving film to date.

Agreed - everything about it is excellent: lighting, music, stunning shots of formations and emphasis on fun and co-operation

GarDouth

Administrator
Just worth noting that if they are working on the views on YouTube then if you watch it from within the UK Caving site, I'm pretty sure it doesn't count it as a view. You need to go to YouTube and watch it there. This is to prevent fake view counts.

Caver Keith

GarDouth said:
Just worth noting that if they are working on the views on YouTube then if you watch it from within the UK Caving site, I'm pretty sure it doesn't count it as a view. You need to go to YouTube and watch it there. This is to prevent fake view counts.

Looking at my own YouTube Analytics over the last 28 days, external links (defined as traffic from websites and apps that embed your videos or link to your videos on YouTube) do count as views. External links account for 0.7% of my views (3997) and within this ukcaving.com accounts for 0.4% of the views (16).

GarDouth

Administrator
Caver Keith said:
Looking at my own YouTube Analytics over the last 28 days, external links (defined as traffic from websites and apps that embed your videos or link to your videos on YouTube) do count as views. External links account for 0.7% of my views (3997) and within this ukcaving.com accounts for 0.4% of the views (16).

Thanks Keith, that's interesting. I just looked into how YT calculate things again and I see it's changed quite a bit. It seems some types of videos in some places don't count and others do in usual Google complexity. I wasn't sure if watching via the forum actually adds to the publicly visible view count or not (it didn't seem to with my brief experiment) so if that's all the judges looked at then it could be a problem.

Jenny P

This is just such a brilliant film!

I've watched it several times - does that count as extra views?  Do hope it gets the prize.