Caving suit hire

tim.rose2

Hi,
After some local knowledge...
Myself and Sas are heading to Settle for a couple of weeks.  We're planning to do several caving trips; one of which we're intending to take a family member down Sell Gills and so ideally need to hire a caving suit for him (got everything else).  Can anyone tell me where I can hire an XL warmbac (or equiv.) next week within sensible distance of Settle?  Have tried Inglesport but unfortunately they don't hire suits.  I do have a boiler suit of the right size which will do if necessary.  With both of us being short arses any spare kit we have is for midgets only!
Cheers
Tim

WillFox

Hi Tim,
I've hired kit from Cave and canyon based in Ingleton before and suspect they will have an XL size available, I think it is the full set (oversuit, undersuit, wetsocks, wellies and knee pads) or nothing, but not too pricey if only hiring for a day or 2:
https://www.caveandcanyonuk.com/kit_hire/

Speleodroid

Hi Tim,

We can sort you out with some kit hire if you're still looking for it?

Best wishes,
Mike

Yorkshire Dales Guides
www.yorkshiredalesguides.co.uk

tim.rose2

Cracking trip down Sell Gill yesterday with 'uncle Tony'.  This was Tony's second ever caving trip, the other being Swildon's on Mendip a few years ago.  Both only agreed to after sufficient red wine!  Thanks to Mike from Yorkshire Dales Guides for lone of the over suit and Richard from back home for the SRT kit.  The quote after the trip... "I'm glad I've done it, enjoyed it but won't be taking up caving as a hobby.  You two are mad."  More red wine and I'm certain Tony will be back underground with us again.

Thought I'd share a few of the photo's...

51265491562_64c908c732.jpg

51266412313_10a8b4efae.jpg

51266961464_70cafedec9.jpg

51266412278_e668dfe922.jpg

51266412248_14f9307812.jpg

51267264285_40041e26c0.jpg