Author Topic: Red and black warmbac  (Read 384 times)

Offline Keris82

• addict
Red and black warmbac
« on: January 28, 2019, 03:27:03 pm »
Doea anyone know where I can get hold of the red and black warmbac oversuit? I bought a red and blue one but find it too stiff and small to wear over a wetsuit.

Or can anyone recommend a good alternative for wet caving? Thanks!

Offline Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
Re: Red and black warmbac
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 04:22:23 pm »
Some people who cave in wet-suits don't bother with over-suits. Not my preference just letting you know that's something you could try, though if it's sharp rocks you won't have a wetsuit for that long.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline Keris82

• addict
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 04:31:01 pm »
Some people who cave in wet-suits don't bother with over-suits. Not my preference just letting you know that's something you could try, though if it's sharp rocks you won't have a wetsuit for that long.

Yes I have caved in just a wetsuit but at this time of year it gets very cold. Especially when you're waiting in a queue in Swildons! Also need an oversuit for Upper Flood due to the amount of crawling!

Offline PaulW

• obsessive maniac
  • WSCC, WCC
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 04:50:15 pm »
You should meet up with Starless river when you are both on mendip and try some of the other suits he stocks.

Offline Keris82

• addict
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 04:52:48 pm »
You should meet up with Starless river when you are both on mendip and try some of the other suits he stocks.

I have been trying to but never have enough time. I may pop over to Caveclimb this weekend

Offline The_quiche_whisperer

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 08:57:30 pm »
Inglesport had them in stock a few months back. I have one but haven’t tried it over a wetsuit yet.  I have used The Warmbac centre suit over a wetsuit and it works really well, the bottom is the heavy cordura and the top is nylon so is more flexible, Starless river have it in for £78 so it’s also cheaper which is a bonus.