• FREE SpanSet Technical Day

Rescue and Evacuation Tech Day / Launch of New Gotcha 2 Rescue Kit

An informative day for those involved in Work at Height. Ideal opportunity to meet with SpanSet, network with industry colleagues and learn about the new Gotcha2 Rescue Kit.

Details here

Search results

1. LadyMud

Non SRT caves in the north

Keep an eye on the CNCC website, as there should be some more courses appearing shortly, I believe.
  2. LadyMud

Calling cave rescue via 999 ?

On the other hand, Alderley Edge changed it's name to avoid any confusion: "As the railway network expanded and travel became easier, the railway company did not want its station called Chorley any more because of the possible confusion with Chorley in Lancashire. So, in 1880 they renamed it...
  3. LadyMud

Buildings near White Scar Cave

Is that an old quarry just across the road? Could one of the buildings be a gunpowder magazine?
  4. LadyMud

Buildings near White Scar Cave

These buildings?
  5. LadyMud

SRT Rescue workshop this weekend. Space available

This looks brilliant - excellent trainer, perfect venue, really good topics . . . and only £50! Just wish I was experienced enough to attend. Maybe next year?
  6. LadyMud

Alderley Edge Mine on TV

" . . . why else a bowl?" In case they got "caught short"? ;)
  7. LadyMud

CRO fundraiser - Steph & Mikes Spine race

That tracker is horribly addictive! Spine Challenge Steph (#613) and Mike (#630) are absolutely motoring along!
  8. LadyMud

Calling cave rescue via 999 ?

"Fortunately (& unfortunately) there aren't enough cave rescues happening" But the teams carry out regular practice sessions. Do any of these start off with a 999 call, I wonder?
  9. LadyMud

Beginner Caves in Yorkshire Dales, please.

I can also recommend the superb Yorkshire Dales Guides. Their 1-2-1 (or 1-2-2) SRT training is undoubtedly expensive, but well worth the investment. You'd learn a massive amount in a single day. "Gold Standard" training!
  10. LadyMud

Beginner Caves in Yorkshire Dales, please.

Get yourself booked on a couple of CNCC training days: https://cncc.org.uk/training/ "New to Caving" and "New to SRT" (2 days) - both have places left at the moment. Heavily subsidised, at only £25 per day, and with excellent instructors.
  11. LadyMud

Alderley Edge Cobalt Mine on BBC2 "Digging for Britain"

Well worth watching! iPlayer link
  12. LadyMud

Happy New Year to All!

Alternatively, as the journalist Sarah Lazarus tweeted last year: "No new year’s resolutions. It is the circumstances’ turn to improve.” :rolleyes:
  13. LadyMud

Advice sought on LED house bulbs

Dimmable LED bulbs - not cheap, though!
  14. LadyMud

Vesper or Vespers?

His age?
  15. LadyMud

Menstruating + Caving

At least there are some benefits to being old . . .
  16. LadyMud

Caving Hacks, or things you learn with age?

Actually, a Friend is a very useful accessory. They make handy improvised stepladders - and the better ones give you chocolate!
  17. LadyMud

Dont beleive all you read in books!

I'm sure it feels like 1,125 feet when you're going back up that rope!
  18. LadyMud

Starless River

The usual excellent customer service has definitely resumed. I ordered some kit on Sunday night, and it's just arrived.
  19. LadyMud

Risk of flooding?

Book ordered on Friday night, arrived Monday morning. Excellent customer service from Moore Books, and looks to be a very useful guidebook. Thanks for the recommendation, Pete!