• Out now!!

'Descent 290 is published this week and features eight extra pages. I'm not quite sure why I decided to give myself such additional work so early in my editorship, but my loss is your gain'.

New Descent board here:

Search results

1. Stevie

Rope labeling

I thought I had a great plan. Bands of insulation tape. One band = 10m. All good until the first trip when it stuck in my Stop I couldn’t pull through the end. At the second pitch I was about 2m short - it didn’t seem such a problem rounding up all my ropes to the nearest 10 in my living room...
  2. Stevie

Wishing all cavers a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years

I’m a lunchtime lurker and it makes the working day so much better! Thanks all and HC.
  3. Stevie

GG Mud Hall Traverse

Thought I’d posted my reply 🙄. Tomorrow! Looking forward to a walk walk in.
  4. Stevie

GG Mud Hall Traverse

I’ll be lucky to be out on the same day then 🤣
  5. Stevie

GG Mud Hall Traverse

Thanks for your advice. All sounds eminently doable. I Like the pre-cave advice too. Only two of us going so I’m all for making life as comfortable as possible. Should have asked before. What’s the rough time for the circular trip?
  6. Stevie

GG Mud Hall Traverse

Hi All. Looking for a bit of advice.. I've not been down Gaping Gill before and am planning a trip from Bar pot / South Henslers Crawl / Mud Henslers crawl / Mud Hall / Main chamber and back via SE passage. I understand once down Bar Pot there are no more pitches so no extra rope needed but...