Search results

1. E

Bernie's under new ownership!

Good luck Dave and Kristian with the new venture. I have a daft pic from about 10 years ago with a group of us outside, will send you it Kristian.
  2. E

David William Gill 1941-2024

RIP Dave, it was deeply saddening to hear news that Dave had passed away, he met us at Miri airport late December and seemed in good spirits then. I truly owe my life to Dave's actions back in 1993, when in his capacity with Mulu National Park he called out a full search involving local...
  3. E

AlumPot lost crab

A shiny new Y.S.S. crab (a lurid DMM one) was lost on Sunday 15th at Alum Pot, it should be etched up. Please return by caver post if found.
  4. E

BCRA - GPF seminars: cave science for expedition cavers

Excellent talk last night, thanks John and Andrew. Will these presentations be available later as a recording for anyone who missed them?
  5. E

My journey to Wieliczka

It is very impressive, went around Christmas time 1999, doesn't look to have changed any. Maybe just more visitors these days. It is well worth a visit.
  6. E

Dont beleive all you read in books!

I didn't buy the book! That was the first page I flicked to.
  7. E

Dont beleive all you read in books!

8. E

Kendal film festival underground night

I have 2 tickets for the Feature Film - A Crack in the Mountain. Its on this Saturday evening in Kendal. Its sold out now, so your last chance to go. I unfortunately can't make it now. Tickets were £15 plus booking fee, if you donate £15 (or more!) to CRO they can both be yours by email -...
  9. E

Crack in the Mountain Film Tickets.

I have 2 tickets for the Feature Film - A Crack in the Mountian. Its on this Saturday evening in Kendal. Its sold out now, so your last chance to go. I unfortunately can't make it now. Tickets were £15 plus booking fee, if you donate £15 (or more!) to CRO they can both be yours by email -...
  10. E

Battery pack @ Alum

Almost a year ago, found on path to Alum Pot. If you recognise it, post a reply. Otherwise I will open it up and recycle the cells.
  11. E

Breakthrough in Fairy Holes (Weardale)

Brilliant report guys, oh to have had a days leave left when you asked!
  12. E

What do you take with you?

We did have a really good look around in Dr Banisters Handbasin, after having spoken to you outside while minus a wellie. Despite being very determined and getting very wet 2 of us failed to find it🥶.
  13. E

SRT items found Turbary Pot Streamway

SRT items found (on 6/3/22) in Turbary Pot streamway. Describe them for prompt return via caver post. EvilStu (YSS).
  14. E

Battery pack @ Alum

battery pack, found on path up to Alum Pot last Wednesday - 4th August. Looks homemade, very distinctive connector.