• Descent 298 publication date

Our June/July issue will be published on Saturday 8 June

Now with four extra pages as standard. If you want to receive it as part of your subscription, make sure you sign up or renew by Monday 27 May.

Click here for more

Search results

1. S

River Levels and Weather Forecast - Yorkshire Dales

It's certainly fine by me
  2. S

River Levels and Weather Forecast - Yorkshire Dales

I wanted to keep a more medium-term view of the readings on the gauge at Bull Pot Farm, so I've started recording them. The latest ones are posted at https://speleodex.co.uk/ease-gill-rain, hopefully this can be of use to some others too
  3. S

Swinsto - stuck rope

Didn't see this when down Swinsto today - there was no other rope on split pitch except for the in situ deviations (hopefully this means you've managed to retrieve it!)
  4. S

Lost: 2 full tackle bags - £30 reward (Simpson Pot)

I made a very stupid mistake today. What should've been a clean and straightforward trip down Simpson Pot very nearly turned into a rescue callout. The trip started very enjoyably, and we made good progress until Carol Pot (the first pitch after the Blasted Hole). We had passed the tackle bags...
  5. S

Anyone Got a Cave, Passage, Formation to Name?

Perhaps Platty Tubes?
  6. S

Item of gear found in Double Shuffle Pool

Found in Double Shuffle Pool, Lower Long Churn. PM me with details to arrange return.
  7. S

Eggy Smell in County Pot

I was down County Pot today and there was a distinct smell of egg in the bedding plane near Poetic Justice Bypass. Does anyone know the likely cause of this? My guess was some sulphur-containing gas. Would it be considered foul air to be avoided?