• Starless River- Coming to a caving hut near you!

Any questions or comments please email us at info@starlessriver.com or contact Tony directly. Thanks!

Click here for the thread

• Descent QI Competition

Our October/November issue will be Descent 300 - a major landmark, which we plan to celebrate in style!

...we're running a competition with great prizes!

Click here for more info and how to enter

Search results

1. F

Cryptic caves

That's right, andys.
  2. F

Cryptic caves

Scary child-band slay for these monsters in a popular northern cave (6,3,9).
  3. F

Cryptic caves

White Lady Cave?
  4. F

AI Wezzit

Go on then Chris, take it away.
  5. F

AI Wezzit

This is going to be far too easy . . . but it made me smile:
  6. F

AI Wezzit

Bull Pot?
  7. F

AI Wezzit

Fern Pot?
  8. F

AI Wezzit

Kiln Pot?
  9. F

AI Wezzit

Bread Pot?
  10. F

Poo in ofd

Talking of which, I once set out for Cape Kennedy in the Easegill System and at the top of Canuck Climb turned left instead of right and put my (bare) hand in a pile of shit . . . so OK, 'if you gotta go, you gotta go' . . . but in this particular part of the system the floor is dried-out...
  11. F

Cryptic caves

Nice clue, grahams.
  12. F

Expedition training

Thanks, THT; I've tried that but I wondered it you'd managed to set something up that didn't involve another person. I remember that several years ago Dave Elliott set up an 'SRT treadmill' that used a continuous length of rope and some sort of clutch system that involved a Shunt, so one was...
  13. F

Cryptic caves

Ha-ha-ha-ha, andy, I'll give you that – what with my cock-up; it is, of course, Elbolton Hole West.
  14. F

Cryptic caves

Oh dear . . . I've just realized that the letter count is wrong and I've looked in the appropriate guide book and found out that there's a bit missing from the name of this cave/pot – although it sounds complete as it is. Anyway, to make it a bit easier, the missing word is an anagram of 'stew'...
  15. F

Expedition training

Could you describe/illustrate your rope treadmill?
  16. F

Wezzit?

steviet_scg has it – Long Kin West . . . do you see what I mean? It doesn't look like a 100-m shaft.
  17. F

Wezzit?

No - not big enough!
  18. F

Cryptic caves

Cheers – try this: The Spanish flee followed by mixed-up short lover – olé (8,3)
  19. F

Wezzit?

Not Jingling
  20. F

Wezzit?

Not GG