• Starless River- Coming to a caving hut near you!

Any questions or comments please email us at info@starlessriver.com or contact Tony directly. Thanks!

Click here for the thread

• Descent QI Competition

Our October/November issue will be Descent 300 - a major landmark, which we plan to celebrate in style!

...we're running a competition with great prizes!

Click here for more info and how to enter

Search results

1. A

We Want Your Stickers!

I’ll pop a few of the older Manchester Uni stickers I have in the post when I get chance 🙂
  2. A

Loose rock in Giants upper traverse

I've recently encountered a loose chunk of rock in the wall of the Giants upper traverse (Roughly the size of a large brick, right hand wall, about head height, just after the Windpipe.) I tried to give it a garden but while it's wiggling about in the wall pretty freely, for now it won't...
  3. A

Sealskinz Socks

Anyone use Sealskinz socks before and got any feedback? I've been having some bad cases of cold toes recently but I can never seem to get on with a pair of neoprene wetsocks; they always seem to have raised stitching in weird places and I blister easily. I've got my eye on these - not the...
  4. A

Current access to Oxlow?

Has anyone been down Oxlow recently/knows what the current state of access is for it? I know a lot of the "turn up at the farms and give them a few quid" caves are saying not to turn up at the house while covid is a concern; is that the case with Oxlow or business as usual?
  5. A

New Stop, any good?

The new Stop appears to actually be out in the wild now looking at Inglesport's website. Has anyone used one yet, any good or bad reviews?
  6. A

What foot ascender to get

My foot ascender has vanished to the land of the lost kit so I'm in the market for a replacement. I've previously used the CT offering which i liked but found the catch a bit fiddly, especially when trying to take it off the rope on stuff where you're hanging or don't have much room. With that...
  7. A

Lost at TSG, foot jammer/sock

I've come away from a Christmas trip to TSG missing a CT Quick Step (right foot, orange, red tough tag) and a bridgedale sock (black, with bridgedale printed down by the toe https://pasteboard.co/HUMHbAz.jpg), has anyone who's been there recently spotted anything?