Search results

1. snebbit

No spray paint please!

Spotted in Gavel recently someone had scratched 'KEEP OUT, SUICIDAL FUCKS' into the limestone at the bottom of the second pitch - managed to smooth it off a little but it's still visible, not sure how would be best to deal with that when it's physical damage to the rock? Maybe take a wire brush...
  2. snebbit

Wezzit?

Fusion Cavern in Boundary Pot?
  3. snebbit

Good caves near PSM? (France)

There are online checkers like this one, you can just enter your reg. You shouldn't have a problem if you're just passing by the major cities by motorway to get somewhere else. From what I gather, Paris being an exception, the other zones are dynamically ramped up depending on current air...
  4. snebbit

16340 batteries

Also to check with cheaper cells is whether they're protected cells - these have a tiny circuit soldered on to the top that helps prevent some dangerous situations for Lithium cells. Unprotected cells will still work, but you should probably do as much as you can to prevent lithium fires taking...
  5. snebbit

16340 batteries

From my own experience of too-good-to-be-true mAh values, they will be incredibly disappointing (possibly performing worse than your Nitecore 700mAh ones). Especially if they're not willing to put a brand name to the cells, they're usually junk. I've had good experiences with Keeppower cells...
  6. snebbit

AI Wezzit

Space Mine, in F'ing Hopeless Pot?
  7. snebbit

Wezzit?

Correct!
  8. snebbit

Wezzit?

Of The Witches or Of The Kingsdale?
  9. snebbit

Wezzit?

How's this
  10. snebbit

Wezzit?

Gavel, second pitch?
  11. snebbit

Gaping Gill May 24

Time for that biannual thread begging for details of which entrances have been rigged, if any BPC members would be kind enough to tell as the ropes go in? Thanks in advance - Work-shy weekday cavers
  12. snebbit

Beaver undersuit mens S/M £30

I wish Beaver still made these!
  13. snebbit

Ignoring Threads etc.

In case it's any help, I use uBlock (adblock browser extension) to hide threads from What's New on here. Right click on the offending thread, Block Element, and find whatever selector in the list you can see that shows the thread's numerical ID.
  14. snebbit

What size bag do I need to take kit on a plane

Having just had the nightmare of packing this evening, I've just about managed to get caving gear for two people in a 24kg case, along with above-ground clothing and a box of bran flakes. Even our wellies and a 40m rope in there. Would've been a hell of a lot easier being able to pack SRT kit...
  15. snebbit

Wezzit?

It is 👍
  16. snebbit

Wezzit?

Wezz this chilly intro to a Dales cave?
  17. snebbit

Wezzit?

Apostles in F'ing Hopeless?
  18. snebbit

Guide Books for France

Grottes et Gouffres de Haute Savoie is in French but has QR codes on each trip entry which take you to English PDFs
  19. snebbit

France: Merveilleuse-Vertige

Thanks all! 'The lowest of ebbs'...
  20. snebbit

France: Merveilleuse-Vertige

Has anyone done this through-trip in the Borne massif of the French Alps before, or know anyone who has? A less famous and more recent through-trip than its neighbour, the Diau. It looks great on paper and I have detailed guidebook routes and surveys, but I just can't see much about it online...