Search results

1. Badlad

North End Pot

As the sign says, Take Care, Be Aware, Move Slowly:). Hope you weren't rushing about :ROFLMAO:
  2. Badlad

North End Pot

As announced elsewhere there is now a rigging topo for North by North End Pot. https://cncc.org.uk/caving/topos/ Also I am grateful to Ray of KCC for placing a couple of conservation signs either side of the crystal pool. This is a delicate structure you have to crawl besides, often when very...
  3. Badlad

BCA Council Elections

Indeed. I really don't think those above, who praise anyone for volunteering at BCA, understand just how badly those who tried to modernise BCA were treated by those who wanted to maintain the status quo. All 2xw was trying to do was improve access to caves for under 18s in a Y&D role. Others...
  4. Badlad

Expedition training

@HT & SM - if potty training isn't much your thing and you'd just like a bit of general fitness training, we need a few items carrying up to the May Day Hole area of Ingleborough. It's a steady hour and a half walk on an evening and you'd be doing us a big favour. :):):dig:
  5. Badlad

BCA Council Elections

There is a chicken and an egg argument here. It may be that the same people standing again and again actually puts other people off standing. The 'filling posts with experienced people' argument is also misleading. Experienced at what? Look at the experience other new faces are bringing to...
  6. Badlad

BCA Council Elections

My thoughts on the elections are hopeful. I looked at the two candidates for BCA secretary and read their statements. I can tell just by looking at the proposers and seconders that it is the usual 'old school' v 'modernisers' all over again. Good luck to Aiden (and Rostam), I sincerely hope...
  7. Badlad

Hidden Earth 2024

Well done for getting it together, but I do wish you'd announce it earlier.
  8. Badlad

BCA Annual General Meeting

When you say "two nominations from the floor", am I right in assuming these were for vacant positions? Or... Is it possible that where you have a candidate who has given advance notice of his intention to stand, a nominee from the floor can still challenge and go forward to the vote? I...
  9. Badlad

Individual caver representative

Hey all. There is a CNCC meeting on 22nd June. If there is anything you'd like me to bring up relating to individual caver representation, please let me know. See the OP above for some details. Contact me on here or via https://cncc.org.uk/contact/ Cheers Tim
  10. Badlad

BCA Annual General Meeting

Having bumped into Russell this morning, apparently the AGM is tomorrow. Good luck to Rostam and anyone else volunteering.
  11. Badlad

Bones found in mud banking

If you are in the Dales, PM me, and I'll put you in touch with someone. We recently uncovered human remains in a dig so i can tell you what we did.
  12. Badlad

Expedition training

Start off with just a couple of pints every other day. Increase the number of pints gradually and then move to a strict daily regime. By the time you get up to eight a day you'll be ready to take on anything Austria has to offer. Worked for me anyway ;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  13. Badlad

sporting trips in uk

Trying posting them on here under a descriptive thread title. Perhaps just one at a time or in installments. There is quite decent readership and the forum is searchable. Also everything is stored and available.
  14. Badlad

BCA finances

Not exactly, it was support for the magazine paid through advertising. Around 3k a year if I remember correctly. I was on council at the time - five or six years ago. The ex chairman came to the meeting to say he'd been having discussions with the owner of Descent and that it was struggling...
  15. Badlad

Denis Bushell

Very sad news. I always thought of him as a youngster. Surely gone before his time. RIP
  16. Badlad

BCA Outdoors for All

Be aware that just joining SRA will do nothing for BCA. You'll need to understand what SRA can actually do for you. You will need someone on council to actively engage with them. That will take (volunteer) resource which will need to be allocated. Has BCA got that available? I remember...
  17. Badlad

CHECC Sponsorship Update

Looking forward to seeing our entry on your website. For three years we sponsored the CHECC forum to a tune of over £1000, on one year to £1500, for the 'grand' prize. This included full SRT kits, rope, helmets, lights, tackle bags, etc. We also gave up our weekends to travel down to the...
  18. Badlad

North End Pot

Oops, sorry Sam if I jumped the gun. I thought you were done.
  19. Badlad

North End Pot

It looks great from the bottom but beware. This will only give you some idea of the loose rocks and crumbling walls half way down the shaft.
  20. Badlad

North End Pot

Hi all We have now finished our work down North by North End Pot. The entrance dig has been tidied up and made stock proof, survey work is complete and new conservation taping installed around Llean Bean Aven and up to the Pig Trough. All our ropes and gear have been pulled out. Sam has...