Search results

1. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

Looking at the Starless river site they don't sell the standard warmbac, only the centre suit..
  2. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

In case it's useful info for anyone else the medium plus is definitely too long if you are 5ft 7, compared to my previous suit significantly longer. Luckily my partner needed a new one so could have it instead. Wish we had somewhere local to try on suits!
  3. bagpuss

GB key - Bristol

Thanks Ali, someone from our club had arranged with you and I hadn't realised, Thanks for helping us out.
  4. bagpuss

GB key - Bristol

Hi, We've visited GB a number of times in the past and Ali M has kindly allowed us to pick up a key from Priddy (and permits before the online system came in) I wondered if there was anyone Bristol based that we could pick up a key from? The road closures out Priddy way eat into caving time...
  5. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

My suit is years old, so not a recent thing. It's probably more down to not taking good care of it in my part!
  6. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

Thanks, purchased one yesterday from yourselves, the pocket doesn't show on the photo (may just be my screen size) and I'd somehow missed it in the description!
  7. bagpuss

New GEO 'Kingsdale' Suits

Incredibly short usage life then!
  8. bagpuss

New GEO 'Kingsdale' Suits

Landjoff cordura plus are 500.
  9. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

Thanks, not sure how the sizing would go with those as I'm a XS in terms of weight, but M in terms of height, so to get the height end up with a baggy suit, suppose that will be an issue with most brands though :(
  10. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

Any kind of pocket is useful as I carry a camera and its less faff than taking it in and out of the bag.
  11. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

Also has anyone tried this brand of suit? https://www.troggshop.co.uk/product-page/geo-kingsdale-caving-suit-1
  12. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

The whole suit is shrunk so it's hard to move in..
  13. bagpuss

Warmbac suits

My Warmbac has sadly shrunk too much on the arms to fit properly any more. Trying to find a standard suit with a pocket on the arm. Do they still make them with pockets or has the design changed? As far as I can see on the up and under photo there's no pocket...
  14. bagpuss

Reads cavern

Thanks Mike, we've been into Rowberrow before and revisited last autumn. I've got long term chronic pain which started a year ago, managing it a bit better at the moment so taking tentative steps back underground.
  15. bagpuss

Reads cavern

Hi, I've always somehow avoided visiting this cave, a previous offer of a led trip years ago ended up with some of my club going and me missing it due to health issues. I've got the survey/ description from Mendip underground and have read through old threads on here about the cave in...
  16. bagpuss

Charity challenges

I think this is partly why I felt a bit uneasy about it. Also feels like a pressure to follow through on something when it's for charity and the sump sort of feels like something you wouldn't want the pressure to go through. Large scale events on popular mountains cause a lot of wear and tear...
  17. bagpuss

Charity challenges

Preferably is a bit open to interpretation!
  18. bagpuss

Charity challenges

Saw an advert for a charity challenge where the challenge was to go to sump 1 Swildons. I guess it's essentially a led trip, so in theory no different to any other led trip into the cave. Not seen a cave used as part of a charity challenge before, wondered if its any different from someone...
  19. bagpuss

Sallys Rift

Watch out for ticks, it's infested with them there. May be too early for them to be out, but who knows with the all over the place weather conditions we've had.
  20. bagpuss

Access Restored to Singing River Mine, Shipham

Was one of my first caving trips (on a ladder!), so have a soft spot for this cave/ mine - thanks so much to those who worked on negotiating access, much appreciated.