Search results

1. The Old Ruminator

Photography Showcase 3 per week limit

I have put it here because I like it. " The Last Tub ".
  2. The Old Ruminator

The Mine Shafts Project. Hydrology.

The Last Tub today. 38 in total. The Hole In The Wall today.
  3. The Old Ruminator

In " Peter's Pantry ".
  4. The Old Ruminator

Following the lode. Where it goes nobody knows.
  5. The Old Ruminator

I suppose that you can call this progress.
  6. The Old Ruminator

Next Photobook ordered.
  7. The Old Ruminator

Mike having " fun " trying out the cart. At least it kept me from watching the football.
  8. The Old Ruminator

I am burning out. Five trips in eight days. The only person in two digging teams. The Tuesday Diggers and The Friday Nighters. The Friday Nighters went Sunday as well as Friday. 23 loads removed from The Hole In The Wall and clearing at the stope dig with cart run test. I shall have to go again...
  9. The Old Ruminator

What caving related thing did you do today?

Five trips in eight days. Having a lie down.
  10. The Old Ruminator

A doubting Mike Wise with the cart arrives on site. The cart at the stope looking back to the way in. Yes it fitted well everywhere. In the stope dig with dodgy rock. Looking over the stope dig to the cart run onward to the bridge. Cleared last night. A geode found in the rubble...
  11. The Old Ruminator

The cart has been rechristened " The Granville " as some folk dont deserve the accolade. We seek inspiration where we can find it.
  12. The Old Ruminator

Tonight the trials will begin.
  13. The Old Ruminator

Nothing that emanates from the " Granville " brain is ever of a practical use. You will see how brilliant the concept is. It can be pulled in a near horizontal position as well as upright.
  14. The Old Ruminator

The " Glanvill " spoil removal cart specifically designed for work at the underhand stope in the level. Original idea by APG Initiatives and built by Chiptruss Caving Solutions. Will it fit through the hole in the cap though ? We shall see. Yes well I was going to chuck it out anyway. Note the...
  15. The Old Ruminator

AI Generated Photographs

Right thats it. I shall drop a rock on his head next week.
  16. The Old Ruminator

AI Generated Photographs

Oh here is the mouse in a flower. Is it real or generated ? Much wildlife stuff now is hard to define.
  17. The Old Ruminator

Todays photos. 36 tub loads removed. Onward probe of 5.5m confirmed with drain rods. Water down 50mm but after 40mm of rain in the last week. Three of Peter Ganvill then the planning shot of the dig face.
  18. The Old Ruminator

I am now bombarded by AI editing apps etc on Facebook so serves me right for looking. It does make you realise how many there are. There was an image of a mouse inside a flower on line today. Point is can you believe it ? Anyway some good measured responses to the question which shows ultimately...
  19. The Old Ruminator

I think its unwise to be too critical about other folks images. I would say find your own way and dont listen too much to others. Try to see things differantly. The web is awash with formulaic images. Most that we see now are enhanced by editing or apps and AI in someway. Photos are just two...
  20. The Old Ruminator

AI Generated Photographs

You dont need AI to alter the concept in an image. Me in The Orkneys. The Bradford on Avon Walking Event sign was also badly abused.