Search results

1. H

OFD fixed aids updates

I have to disagree with parts of DTCM's and BH's posts. I'm sure the passage got it's name, Edward's Shortcut, during the early explorations of OFD 2. Since then it's become a standard trade route through the cave. It certainly has been since I started caving, over 30 years ago. Pitch Bypass...
  2. H

OFD fixed aids updates

Andrewmcleod, is any consideration being given to placing fixed aids on the Edward's Shortcut climb? This is the one place I hear mentioned again and again by pretty much every caver, when the topic of fixed aids in OFD is discussed or a trip goes or considers going that way. I know of two...
  3. H

OFD fixed aids updates

Not sure if this would work in this instance as I've never been to the pitch but another option could be to rig the traverse line so it can be retrieved at the pitch head and used to pull the main abseil rope down the pitch.
  4. H

Stream Passage Pot July-August 2024

Great news, thanks to everyone involved for their forthcoming efforts! Had to push some sharp, rusty edges back into place, earlier this year, while going down through the oil drums. Was hoping for a larger pipe myself but if that's not possible, it's not possible. Don't know if anyone else...
  5. H

CYF and Daren survey

This was done in the early 90s. I was on the OCAF side, with the transmitting team. Not sure I ever saw the results though!
  6. H

CYF and Daren survey

Hi Mike. The nearest point in Antler Passage to The Promised Land is a heavily calcited grotto on a bend, which obviously hasn't been dug. I believe Chelsea members dug another corner in Antler Passage, in the 80s, trying to enlarge or reach an enlargement of a side rift. In the early 90s the...
  7. H

Map and case free to a good home

Collection only
  8. H

Best glue to stick the soles of my shoes back together?

There's plenty of this stuff on my oversuit, kneepads etc!
  9. H

Progress capture pulley. Which one?

Your videos are great, Pete. Very clear and concise. I've learnt/reinforced a lot from them. 👍
  10. H

BBC - Inside Scotland's Ancient Bone Caves

Inside Scotland's Ancient Bone Caves
  11. H

Welsh Wezzit

Not sure I deserve any praise after your clues, Adrian! 😂 I don't have time to look for a photo now and I've posted a few up lately so I'll throw it open to anyone who wants to jump in.
  12. H

Welsh Wezzit

Theoretical Pot
  13. H

Welsh Wezzit

Is it that cave that was found at Ystradfellte a few years ago, Adrian but the farmer closed the entrance soon after? Sorry, can't remember the name.
  14. H

Welsh Wezzit

Ogof y Ci?
  15. H

Welsh Wezzit

Yep, you've got it chaineddogned. Didn't last long! Over to you.
  16. H

Welsh Wezzit

Sorry for the delay. Try this.
  17. H

Welsh Wezzit

Bit of a cheat for me as I was there on my last trip into the cave and I was also part of the first group to ever enter the chambers. 6th Heaven Chambers, Waterfall Series, Ogof Draenen. Wasn't quite nice enough to be 7th Heaven! 🙂 I'll have a look for a photo later.
  18. H

Welsh Wezzit

Little Neath is a brilliant cave, get in there! In dry weather, of course. 🙂
  19. H

Welsh Wezzit

Got a very similar photo of the same spot. Similar in composition that is, not quality!! 😂
  20. H

Welsh Wezzit

I did wait a couple of days for someone else to have a go. I was at that spot a few months ago. 🙂 I've put a few photos up lately so I'll throw it open to anyone who wants a go. Just hoping it's not a mine, because I won't have a clue! 😂