Author Topic: Next trip - Gaping Gill  (Read 1553 times)

Offline MPC-Robin

Next trip - Gaping Gill
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:44:44 pm »
As the next trip is planned for the Bradford Pothole's Gaping Gill Meet, hopefully most of the major routes will be rigged so we can go in one entrance and out another.

Does anyone have any ideas for a trip once we are down there ?

I'll make a suggestion of in Stream Passage Pot, follow Stream Passage to the end before heading back to the main chamber, then Mud Hall and the far end of East Passage before heading out via Flood or Bar.

I did wonder about the trip beyond the iron ladder and into Far Country but it sounds quite wet and I'm not sure that the pitch after the 'Blowhole' will be rigged.

Any other suggestions ?

Offline zaphod79

• player
Re: Next trip - Gaping Gill
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:23 pm »
Sounds good to me except the wet bit!  Will Elliot be there?

Offline MPC-Robin

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:12:27 am »
Let's hope if Elliot is there he's learnt some more SRT skills since his last visit  ;D

Offline skippy

• forum star
  • CPC
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:18:17 am »
Thats a trip I want to do and was planning to do it that weekend....Can I tag along?...PM me if you need any endorsements re my experience.

Cheers

Offline MPC-Robin

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 12:35:02 pm »
Skippy,

Our trip is scheduled for Sunday 27th May - you can tag along if you wish, not sure on how many of us there will be yet.

I assume you're SRT compentent and are a member of a BCA club.

Robin

Offline speleotel

• regular
  • BPC (Hon Librarian)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 09:18:01 pm »

Please come and check in at the BPC Winch to see what has been actually rigged by the BPC at that time, just to be sure.
We love it when all the lovely friendly cavers come and say hello to us -  also we love knowing who is travelling through what, when and when they are out. And we absolutely love  (helpful/appreciative/adoring) feedback on the trip afterwards.  xx

Offline zaphod79

• player
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 10:19:19 pm »
We always pop over to say hello, its nice to see so many caving enthusiasts out all at once.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal