Author Topic: Pub Meet Postponed Due to the Queen  (Read 1343 times)

Offline zaphod79

• player
Pub Meet Postponed Due to the Queen
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:25 am »
Message from Mike

The first Tuesday of the month is a bank holiday so I'd guess that folk may prefer the following Tuesday - 12th June.

So, how about, as it's 'Guest Pub' month, the 'Old Ship Inn' in Brighouse:

34, Bethel Street, Brighouse HD6 1JN  01484 719543

Click HERE for a map (zoom out for smaller scale)

It's a CAMRA listed pub which serves a good beer range including Copper Dragon Golden Pippin, Blacksheep Best Bitter, Dark Horse Shipwrecked (brewed exclusively for the Old Ship Inn) and 4 continuously changing guest ales.  Recently held a beer and cider festival back in March.

http://greatyorkshirepubs.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/great-yorkshire-pubs-30-old-ship-inn.html

I'll send out a reminder nearer the time - hope to see you there.

Cheers !

Mike

Offline zaphod79

• player
Re: Pub Meet Postponed Due to the Queen
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:30:18 am »
Hi,

Message from Robin MPC

I’m in favour of the Ship Inn at Brighouse and as it’s my local(ish) patch I could organise something before the pub to work up a thirst, let me know if anyone is interested in either of these options :

1. Lower Calderdale mountain bike ride – start from Brighouse, taking in the local trails – through Rastrick woods, the Old Mink Farm and the Deer Park at Stainland before trundling back along the canal and a pint. At a guess about 2 hours and 13 miles, but it’s not flat !

2. As the Rokt climbing wall is just around the corner we could get a couple of hours bouldering or using the top ropes ( 15m ) or if you’re brave and experienced the 21m lead wall !

Offline MPC-Robin

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »
The responses seem to favour biking, so how about biking unless it's 'British Summer' i.e. WET - and we can use the nice dry wall instead ( As suggested by Roger ) !

Robin

P.S - 4 for biking, 1 for climbing so far ..... not sure how many for the drinking  :beer2: !

Offline zaphod79

• player
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:26 pm »
Due to the bad weather we are climbing before pub meet, Robin will be there from 19:00, Fran will get there about the same time, and will bring a rope for some leading I think!

Offline MPC-Robin

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 09:35:48 am »
Five of us turned up for a couple of hours bouldering at Rokt, with Roger eyeing up the lead wall for next time.

The 'Cave Bus' is stationed there at the moment, so I think a return visit will be arranged if we can organise access into the 300ft of passage inside  :o

We were joined by a couple of others at the pub along with a potential new member.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal