Author Topic: Gaping Gill MPC Trip  (Read 1194 times)

Offline MPC-Robin

Gaping Gill MPC Trip
« on: May 20, 2013, 01:25:09 pm »
A great trip yesterday courtesy of Bradford's ropes. Mike, Ian, Pete, Andy, Phil and myself present.

In Corky's through the main chamber and out split between Bar Pot big pitch and South East Aven before heading out via Small Mammal Pot.

Mike's route planning ensured we found Small Mammal relatively easily and despite initial doubts all made it through the various interesting bits without too much difficulty ;D

Robin

Offline Troglophile

• MPC
    • Morley Potholing Club
Re: Gaping Gill MPC Trip
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 12:20:54 am »
Hi Robin

Yes, a great trip - good to use some of the routes that I'd not been along before. 

At the top of Vindication Pitch into Mud Hall there was a traverse rope leading off round the corner - can anyone tell me where this goes (didn't have time to explore it).  Is it connected with the rope that you can see right at the bottom of Mud Hall near the sculptures?

Cheers.

Mike

Offline Russ b

• addict
  • BPC,
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 05:16:47 pm »
It was put in to look at a possible continuation on the other side but it didn't go anywhere, I'll try and remove it sometime this week.

Russ

Offline Troglophile

• MPC
    • Morley Potholing Club
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 06:46:37 pm »
Thanks Russ, that explains that one. 

While you're on do you know anything about where the rope at the bottom of Mud Hall goes?

Cheers.

Mike

Online braveduck

• forum star
  • Digging Bucket maker.B.P.C. Little Green Men.
    • http://www.bpc-cave.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:47:43 pm »
The rope at the bottom of Mud Hall near the sculptures,was put in because from the traverse with powerfull lights there looked to be a lead.Unfortunately it turned out to be a dead end.Needs removing also!

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal