Author Topic: Jingling Pot Meet Report 2nd Feb 2014  (Read 1642 times)

Offline zaphod79

• player
Jingling Pot Meet Report 2nd Feb 2014
« on: February 02, 2014, 06:45:46 pm »
Jingling Pot 2nd Feb 2014

Members - Ian Pete Fran Tania Andy Stuart and Myself (Nathan)

Well this trip was discussed at length and being an open trip many options were discussed, and eventually it was decided that due to 3 regular members being away skiing and the large amount of rain forecast that we would postpone for a week.

Disappointment struck for Pete Fran and myself as skiing was cancelled. So it was
decided to see who fancied an underground adventure despite the late call to arms we had a good turn out with 7 members heading out.

With a meet at 09:30 at Inglesport we headed to kingsdale. Parking at Braidi Garth we struck up the hill and arrived at the Pot and started.

I started leading off heading down the sidewinder was quickly replaced by Ian as I wussed out of the scary traverse. We made are way down steadily with Fran and Pete supporting Stuart (new member) and Andy.

I took over leading at the 2nd true pitch. After reaching the bottom of the ropes Ian and myself headed down the dig (In future we will bring some hangers for this) before quickly calling for Fran to see if it was worth continuing. Judging by the noises and exclamations it was decided to head out.

Andy continued to follow up the rear de-rigging, passing another
group heading down the main shaft. Eventually we all returned to the surface where the sun had made an appearance! We made made it to the Wheatsheaf by 15:45!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:54:17 pm by zaphod79 »

Online alanw

• addict
Re: Jingling Pot Meet Report 2nd Feb 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 07:50:38 pm »
I was up there Saturday, lots of people around in Rowten (one party down already plus two Land-Rovers full driving up the Turbary Road as we were walking along) and people down Jingling; both the gully route and off the trees, and down Aquamole too.

Looking across the pot, the trees on the right (not the ones you rig off) were looking rather fragile. I haven't trusted the trees for some time, and certainly wouldn't rig too high up on the trunks, putting more leverage on them.

Offline zaphod79

• player
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:47:09 pm »
Interesting we were talking about that today with another party (potholer from here)(Bisun Lights) and there is a definite split in the tree, it wont be long till the whole thing goes. Perhaps something needs to be done about it sooner rather than later.  I have only ever once been off the trees did not like it at all.  Wouldn't go off them now at all. :o

Online bograt

• forum hero
  • Speliodecrepit
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »
Jingling Pot 22nd Feb 2014

Hmm, time travel as well  :lol:
Aim low, achieve your goals, avoid disappointment

Online Alex

• forum hero
  • BRCC, UWFRA.
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 01:05:45 pm »
I spotted that but did not want to win the pendant award.
Anything I say is represents my own opinion and not that of a any club/organisation that I am a member of (unless its good of course)

Offline ianball11

• forum hero
    • http://www.huddersfieldstudent.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:28:25 pm »
haha Alex that made me chuckle.   :read:

Offline zaphod79

• player
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »
Jingling Pot 22nd Feb 2014

Hmm, time travel as well  :lol:

Thank you edited now (Damn predictive on my phone!!!)

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal