Cwmorthin reprint

Status
Not open for further replies.

moorebooks

I'm considering another reprint of this book if there is  enough interest cost will be around ?16 if you can please pm if interested

Mike

moorebooks

rhychydwr1 said:
or I could photo copy it for a fiver  :eek:

Not without the copyright holder permission you can't which currently stands at 75 years after his death and last I saw Graham was fit and healthy, FYI I pay him a royalty which I very much doubt you have done in the past!!!

Mike

Brains

Can you give some basics of what the book includes please? I think I may well be interested  ;)

robjones

Brains said:
Can you give some basics of what the book includes please? I think I may well be interested  ;)

Comprehensive history of Cwmorthin slate mine including working techniques, companies histories, workforce details, accidents, machinery; full plans and a number of sections. Very readable as well as information-dense. A benchmark for studies of slate mines. Of interest to cavers and mine explorers because access conditions are exceptionally straightforward and the workings are vertically and horizontally extensive with plentiful early C20 equipment remaining in situ. Any visit is enriched by reading the book before and after.

tamarmole

rhychydwr1 said:
or I could photo copy it for a fiver  :eek:

Just for once it would be really nice if you didn't come out with bollocks like this.  It wasn't amusing the first time and it is not amusing the umpteenth time.

moorebooks

robjones said:
Brains said:

Comprehensive history of Cwmorthin slate mine including working techniques, companies histories, workforce details, accidents, machinery; full plans and a number of sections. Very readable as well as information-dense. A benchmark for studies of slate mines. Of interest to cavers and mine explorers because access conditions are exceptionally straightforward and the workings are vertically and horizontally extensive with plentiful early C20 equipment remaining in situ. Any visit is enriched by reading the book before and after.

Thanks for doing this I copied it into UK Caving as someone  asked the same question

Mike

robjones

[quote author=moorebooks]
Thanks for doing this I copied it into UK Caving as someone  asked the same question
[/quote]

No problem - glad the brief review was useful.  (y)

moorebooks

robjones said:
[quote author=moorebooks]

No problem - glad the brief review was useful.  (y)
[/quote]
Whoops Aditnow!!

I have just ordered the reprint it will be ?16.00 and post free to pre orders though pm

Cheers

Mike

Long Drop

Have just received my copy in the post this morning; looks excellent, thanks Mike.  I spent several hours wandering round Cwmorthin a couple of years back, wondering wtf I was looking at... this should explain it all, even for a mining (or should that be 'quarrying') numpty like me.  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.